Are you looking for a Humen Resource internship job opportunity? To support your dream we have prepared a professional HR Internship resume sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job.
HR Internship Resume Sample
Enthusiastic Human Resource Intern with an eager to apply skills and education to a growth-oriented position. Currently completing my Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies and looking to gain further real-world experience while developing acquired abilities in communication, administration, and multitasking.
- Written and verbal communication
- Adaptable (work in changing environment)
- Able to build relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative data
- Proficient Microsoft Window Experience
Magno Tech Solution – New Jersey Nov 2018 – Present
- Communicated with potential hires to provide clarity on expected task and policies
- Managed employee onboarding and offboarding in our HRIS system — completed I-9 verifications
- Scheduled and presented new hire orienation for mid-year hires.
- Managed and created employee files with proper documents and maintained permanent filies
- Maintained and organized filing system for confidential employee record
- Audited timesheets for non-exempt employees to ensure meal compliance
- Troubleshot and resolved problems with our HRIS to enhance production support and minimize downtime
- Educated staff on HRIS functionality with special emphasis in benefit enrollment, timesheet tracking, and app features
- Assisted with interviewing applicants for Talent Team positions (Senior Manager of Human Resources, Senior Director of Talent Acquisition, and Talent Acquisition Associate) through Greenhouse platform and participated in multiple debriefs
- Drafted copies for documents such as employment verfication, loss of coverage and meal break understanding
- Created and designed flyers to inform and promote health benefits and employee benefits
Prime Restaurant – New York Jun 2015 – Nov 2018
- Provided excellent customer service
- Strong people skills when dealing with difficult situations or personalities
- Process corporate and individual orders over the phone and in-person
- Entered new corporate orders in data system and scheduled deliveries accordingly
- Received payments by cash, credit cards, vouchers, and automatic debits
- Counting money at the beginning of shifts to ensure amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Maintained a clean and organized environment Complete, process and maintain applicable paperwork and records
M.A., Communication Studies
University of Illinois – Champaign, Illinois Aug 2018 – Present
B.A., Communication Studies
University of California – Los Angeles Sep 2015 – Aug 2018
Career Expert Tips:
HR Internship Resume with Writing Guide
Resume writing can be a challenging task. Luckily, it’s also one of the most important pieces of your job application process. Your resume is the first impression you have with an employer, so it needs to be perfect: your resume should highlight how your skills and experience will benefit their company.
In order to get your resume in top shape, you’ll need a comprehensive guide like this one. Our HR Internship Resume writing guide provides all of the information you need to write a professional and effective resume. Here are just a few of the features:
- Create an effective, resume that will help you land the ideal internship
- How to format your resume for maximum readability and impact
- Tips on how to list your qualifications, skills, and professional experience in a way that will highlight your strengths while also providing key information that an employer is looking for.
- Learn how to set up 3 different types of resumes in this comprehensive guide
- Don’t underestimate the importance of a clean, well-written cover letter. Learn all about how to write an effective one after you’re done with your resume.
You can also take advantage of some great resources we have, including resume examples and templates for creating your own.
We recommend you to go through our article “how to write a resume“. We assure you will get the best of your knowledge to build a job-winning HR Internship Resume or curriculum vitae. In case if you want to know about the types of resume formats used in the current job market. We are happy to give you the full details about the “resume formats” for your next job.
HR Internship Resume Writing Guide:
- Click on the Resources area then Resume Examples.
- Select a resume Example and click it
- Review the content of what the resume looks like after you’ve modified it a bit and click “View Full Resume” to view it in full size.
- Use this as your guide for building yours in Word or any other word processing program online (free). Then use your own content to add to it in order to make yourself stand out from other candidates for the internship.
5. When your resume is finished, upload it to your resume-coverletter.com profile then complete the form below to place it on the job search page of your choice.
- Press the “Press Submit” button in order to have it show up on your CV and Cover Letter pages on this site.
- Your resume should appear shortly after you make this submission.
To learn more about improving your resume, check out our resume writing guide:
1.Click on the Resources area and Resume Examples.
2.Select a resume Example to see how it looks in full size after you’ve modified it a bit and click “View Full Resume” to see it in full size.
3.Use this as your guide for building yours in Word or any other word processing program online (free) or print out an example from the site if you prefer to do that instead of using Word.
4.When you’re finished, upload it to your resume-coverletter.com profile then complete the form below to place it on the job search page of your choice.
5.Press the “Press Submit” button in order to have it show up on your CV and Cover Letter pages on this site.
6.Your resume should appear shortly after you make this submission if that’s what you’ve done thus far (regardless of whether or not you’re using Word or another program).
HR Internship Responsibilities:
- Acquire knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles.
- Assist in any situation requiring familiarity with the HR principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment laws, negotiation skills, recruitment and selection strategies, as well as develop expertise in benefit plans administration.
- Attend workshops and seminars to obtain advanced training in Human Resources and other related fields.
- Draft correspondence to employees describing new policies or changes in benefits or employment actions such as promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations or layoffs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Research new and emerging trends in Human Resources management and training that will advance your career.
- Develop working knowledge of strategies to improve productivity, profitability and business development through programs designed to assist employees in attaining personal growth and development while advancing their careers.
Top 10 Must-have HR Internship Skills:
- Adaptability: The ability to learn and adjust quickly.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to perform the tasks you are assigned 100% without letting them slide off of your list of responsibilities.
- Written Communication: Use clear, effective language in writing your resume and cover letter so that it is received as intended by the employers you are trying to attract interest from.
- Active Listening: As a valuable employee, you will be able to listen to your supervisor and colleagues so that you are able to follow through on their instructions and meet any deadlines.
- Software Proficiency: Being proficient in the latest technology will help you out as an intern and future employee of whichever company you ultimately decide to work for; the HR industry is constantly evolving alongside new technologies such as social media being developed every day.
- Project Management: The ability to plan, organize and manage your time accordingly.
- Attention to Detail: Abide by the rules and regulations of whatever organization or company you are working with, this includes sufficient documentation, inspection, and approval of all documents submitted.
Tips to write an HR Internship Resume Summary:
An HR Internship resume summary should be written in the first paragraph to briefly explain the information most relevant to the position for which you are applying. A resume summary should include an explanation of your situation, skills and education. It should be about a third of the length of your resume total and appear at the top of your resume or on its own page.
When writing a summary for an HR Internship Resume, it is important to include these words: responsibilities, knowledge, experience, teamwork, and achievements.
- Keep the sentence short and to the point
- Do not include personal information like age, race or nationality unless it is required by the employer.
- Concentrate on your skills, abilities, and experience
- Make sure that each resume summary relates to the position you are applying for. ## Highlighting Key Skills in an HR Internship Resume:
When writing a resume summary for an HR Internship Resume, it is important to highlight key skills that match those needed in the job you are applying for.
How to write an HR Internship Resume with No experience:
- Before getting started on your internship resume, write down everything you’ve ever done in your life and put it into a table so that it’s easy to organize.
- This will allow you to pick and choose what to put on your resume. For extra caps, include anything with the word “team” in the title, and +1 for any leadership positions you had, even if it was just a “Group Leader” or “Head Honcho” or something like that.
- Use the rest of your table to pick and choose what to put on your internship resume. I recommend using this criteria:
- List the position you’re applying for first, and below that list any experiences you’ve had as a result of working in that position.
- In the middle, list experiences that relate to your future job search. For example, if you want to be a manager one day, you should list any experience related to managing employees or coordinating tasks in a team environment with 5-10 items below it.
- Under the middle bullet, list anything you did as an official extracurricular activity that demonstrates you as a well-rounded student, with leadership skills, communication skills, and teamwork skills.
- Finally, to fill up the rest of your resume (which is easy with my “How To Get Out of a Bad Relationship” trick), just list leadership positions in organizations that mean nothing.
How to write an HR Internship Cover Letter:
An HR internship cover letter is one of the most important parts of your internship application. It is a succinct, short piece of writing that proves to your potential employer that you have researched the company and fully understand their needs. It also shows employers that you understand what it takes to be a successful intern at this company.
- Include information about the intern position you’re applying for.
- Write in an enthusiastic tone; highlighting your knowledge of the company and why you’re interested in them specifically.
- Provide details on what you hope to learn from this internship, and how this experience will benefit your future career.
- Express your interest in the specific position you’re applying for.
- Include a short, but friendly, request for a reply.
- Proofread your letter before sending it off!
- The HR Internship Resume Guide was an easy read and had a lot of tips for students applying to HR internships.
- There are some good things about this article’s formatting. The author took the time to do a quick outline at the beginning of each section. Mixing it up a little bit and giving examples really helps draw in the reader.
- While some of the formatting was on point, I have to say that most of it was pretty bad.
I hope you are ready to create the HR Internship Resume that helps you to land your dream job?
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume
- Sales Manager Resume Example
- Data Scientist Resume Example
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample