Are you an IT Business Analyst by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional IT Business Analyst Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
IT Business Analyst Resume Example
IT Business Analyst
I am a motivated professional with strong analytical and people management skills. I have experience in working with key business communities to comprehend the overall business vision for each product. I am skilled in identifying and documenting quality user business requirements for new product implementations and major enhancements. Looking for a role where I can contribute to an inspired team of people, solve problems, and improve the end-users experience of using a product.
IT Business Analyst Project Coordinator
China Minsheng Bank
Project description: I worked on various projects including new products to forex market industry, enhancements to existing products.
- Coordinate business stakeholders and project delivery.
- Prioritizing product requirements for projects.
- Analyze and gather users requirements using use cases, mockup and elicitation meetings.
- Create and maintain business requirements specification documents.
- Communicating requirements with business and technical teams to ensure product features objectives are met.
- Conduct DHW queries with SQL databases to support business users.
- Lead sprint planning and daily scrum meetings.
IT Business Analyst
Brookfield Asset Management
Project description: I wokred on a big data project which was centered around modeling of system and human behavior. My area of work was to provide a documentation management platform.
- Produce and maintain high quality functional specification document requirement for multi featured document management system.
- Working with Product Onwer and senior management to understand and communicate the product vision.
- Prepare and provide input into business cases and use cases.
- Work with QA to perform test cases for acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate design sessions across design and business to identify the acceptable solution.
- Participate and lead sprint planning and daily scrum meetings.
IT Business Analyst
Glaxo Smith Kline
Project description: I worked on a transformation project which provided a payment platform to enable Taxpayers to pay their taxes. The project delivered successfuly providing a solution of Oracle Public Sector Revenue Management System.
- Perform customer requirements analysis to map those requirements to the product functions.
- Lead meetings with customer for requirements management.
- Compile the needed deliverables for the customer and the development team.
- Communicate and work with development team to resolve defects.
- Perform testing scenarios to verify feature implementation.
- Conduct and participate in training and UAT sessions.
IT Business Analyst
- Perform requirements analysis including request for proposals evaluation to comprehend client requirements.
- Manage risk management tool and capture assumptions, issues, risks and risk costs during the projects phases.
- Lead a team to ensure actions and risk management tool tasks completed on time.
- Gather and analyse data from clients’ existing operations including costs of processes and FTEs.
- Calculate full end to end costing for solutions and create cost models.
- Analysing busines process and perform process mapping using Microsoft Visio.
- Create a tool to standarise the approach to and size the our projects and facilitate a client dialogue.
- Creating reports based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Improve content management of existing reporting, process and solutions.
- Responsible for checking monthly capital expenditures and ensure they are updated on time and communicated to the relevant departments to take necessary actions.
- Project: Setup and support SharePoint collaboration platform for Finance Brand X-Divisional Team.
- Created training material and trained my colleagues to make an efficient use of the platform.
MSc in Finance
University of Southern California
BSc in International and European Economic Studies
The University of Texas at Dallas
Career Expert Tips:
IT Business Analyst Resume with Writing Guide
There are many different ways to write an IT Business Analyst resume, but you need to start with your profile. This should break down your skills and experience, like Education, Languages Expertise and Certifications. Once you have compiled a list of all of these, look at each section individually and add supporting material for them such as articles you have published or textbooks that you have written.
You should begin by writing a cover letter that will be attached to the resume. This is where you should also include your contact information, professional experience, skills, and more.
If your resume is not successful you may get passed over for another interview or an offer because some employers look at this section as a form of potential bias.
IT Business Analyst Resume Writing Guide:
- Keep your resume to one page. If you have more than ten years of experience, two pages is acceptable.
- Aim for brevity and clarity in your descriptions. Do not use unnecessary jargon or acronyms. Write in language that even someone who has never done what you have done before would understand. Write as if you were explaining what you do to someone who knows nothing about the job.
- Include a cover letter with your resume, even if it is an email submission. The cover letter gives you an opportunity to explain why you are especially qualified for the job.
- Use all available space, including margins, headers, footers and indentation to emphasize your key points. Do not leave sections of white space in the body of your text. Leave only enough room for neat handwriting or typing on the page without looking cluttered or messy.
- It is okay to embellish the truth a bit in your resume, as long as you do not lie.
- Formatting is everything. Capitalize the first letter of each sentence in one section of your resume, but not the entire section. Capitalize the first letter of every sentence in another section, but not the entire section. No matter how you format it, always use a consistent style throughout all sections of your resume and cover letter.
- Use numbers and percentages whenever possible to quantify your accomplishments.
- Use bullet points, inverted pyramid style, whenever possible.
- For each item on your resume, you need to write a few sentences that discuss that item in detail. You need a subject for each bullet point paragraph that you have on your resume or cover letter, including a summary of qualifications for the position applied for at the end of each section of text in the body of your cover letter or resume.
List of Typical Responsibilities For an IT Business Analyst Resume:
- Understands business needs as they relate to information systems.
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates alternative computer application designs and development strategies.
- Develops functional specifications for computer systems or sets up procedures for system use.
- Prepares or directs preparation of documentation of system designs.
- Compiles and analyzes data and develops budgets for information systems projects.
- Ensures proper installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, programming, modification, testing and evaluation of computer applications.
- Develops custom software for clients to serve different functions.
- Conducts on-site training sessions for users.
- Directs the preparation of user manuals, documentation and computer programming to ensure computer systems meet user needs by using appropriate procedures, techniques and practices.
- Reviews and analyzes completed computer applications to ensure that they are completed on time.
- Explains the function of various software packages to users or assists in program development of software as requested by clients.
Top 15 Must-have IT Business Analyst Skills:
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Knowledge Management
- Influence & persuasion
- Time management
- Problem analysis
- Decision making and prioritization
- Resource & task management
- Change management and implementation
- Initiative & enterprise awareness
- Risk management and contingency planning
Tips to write an IT Business Analyst Resume Summary:
- The IT Business Analyst Resume Summary should be no more than 2 pages, with headings of:
- Title Page for your IT Business Analyst Resume Summary, a separate page from the main resume that will contain your cover letter and other additional personal information such as your contact details, links to social media accounts, etc.
- First page should be general introduction including resume summary and any key skills or achievements you want prospective employers to read and take note of.
- The second page should go into greater detail about your achievements in each section.
- For more information see the article about how to write an IT Business Analyst Resume Summary.
Tips to write an IT Business Analyst Resume:
- Start with a neat and professional looking layout, do not use fancy formatting as this will distract from your content and can be difficult to read for those who don’t use Microsoft Word or other similar programs regularly.
- Include ample detail about your achievements and strengths, use bullet points and bold text to help break up the monotony of a large amount of text.
- Include sections on your resume which you think are relevant to your job application, such as IT Business Analyst Qualifications, Work Experience and Education.
- For more information on how to write an IT Business Analyst Resume, see the article about writing resume content.
How to write an IT Business Analyst Resume with No experience:
- What are the basic qualifications you need to apply for this position?
- What are some of your most relevant skills and experiences?
- What is new or different about your experience in the IT field? How will these new skills boost your value to the company?
- What are some of your strengths in this role as a Business Analyst?
- What are some of the typical tasks you have performed for your positions in the IT field?
- How have these tasks helped you to develop as a business analyst?
- What are your professional affiliations within the IT field?
- Are there any additional accomplishments or awards that demonstrate your value as a business analyst?
- What kinds of problems have you solved?
- How have these problems helped you to develop as a business analyst?
- What is the most complex problem you’ve had to solve in your role as a business analyst?
- Why do you want to be a business analyst?
- What is your most pertinent experience in this role?
- How will this experience help you succeed in this position?
Tips to write an IT Business Analyst Resume Cover Letter:
- The cover letter should be sent along with your resume and be tailored for each position you apply for.
- If you are sending your cover letter as a PDF or Word Document then make sure there is consistency in the formatting.
- Include your name and contact details in the text of the cover letter, as if prospective employers are reading your resume and applying for a job you want to be sure they know who from to contact.
- Include information about what got you interested in this role, why do you think this position is a good match for you?
- In some situations, including some call centre jobs there is no need for a cover letter or other job application form required.
- There are key objectives that you need to follow for a successful resume.
- The job seeker needs a unique name.
- You should emphasize your skills for the role that you are applying for.
- There is no fixed approach when writing the application letter, so just apply your own style and tone to it.
- You need to highlight your skills and experience in an interesting way with examples and relevant information which will make the recruiter pay attention to you!
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume
- Sales Manager Resume Example
- Data Scientist Resume Example
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample