Looking for a junior QA tester resume? Here we have the best recommended professional QA tester resume sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job.
JUNIOR QA TESTER
Rochester, New York
I am a Junior Software Tester with strong attention to detail. Since I start testing, I learned how important is to be meticulous and a team player. I like new challenges, that made me want to learn more and more about this domain and improve my skills every day. My objective is to excel in a challenging and innovative QA work environment and aim to exercise my full potential. That’s why I am looking for o company that will give me the chance to learn and develop myself as a Software Tester.
- MS Office
- Oracle VM
- API testing ‐ Postman
- Scrum methodology
- Software Development Life Cycle
Quality Assurance ﴾QA﴿ Tester
Dell Technologies May 2014 ‐ Nov 2019
Infosys Technologies Jan 2012 ‐ Mar 2014
Magno Info Tech Solutions Aug 2011 ‐ Dec 2011
Restaurant Rating App
Participating in Sprint Planning
Estimating the Tasks
Creating Test Cases
Testing the Application in Mulitple platforms
Giving the App Demos
Masters of Computer Application
University of Houston ‐ Clear Lake ‐ Jun 2015
Bachelor’s in Computer Science
University of Virginia ‐ US ‐ Mar 2012
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Active learner
- Quick learner
- Result orientated
Career Expert Tips:
Junior QA Tester Resume with Writing Guide
A Junior QA Tester’s job falls in between the classic QA tester, who tests products for bugs and functionality errors, and software engineers who develop new features or infrastructure. What this means is that you’ll be delivering a product to the end-user with bugs that need fixing. You’ll also be bringing new changes to the next version and looking for errors from these changes, preventing any future issues.
We recommend you to go through our article “how to write a resume“. We assure you will get the best of your knowledge to build a job-winning Junior QA Tester Resume or curriculum vitae. In case if you want to know about the types of resume formats used in the current job market. We are happy to give you the full details about the “resume formats” for your next job.
Junior QA Tester Resume Writing Guide:
- First, you’ll want to include the traditional information that all resumes begin with: your contact information, security access code to enter your building, etc., and personal information like your address and age. If you have a degree or certification, try to include it after your personal information.
- Next, list the skills you achieved through education and extracurricular activities that relate to QA work. Include any certifications that you have under the skills section.
- Next, you’ll want to include a list of working experiences. This is where your specific projects and tasks should be placed so that your reader can easily identify how you performed in each of them and why your experience has prepared you for this position. Summarize each position in 3-5 bullet points so the reader doesn’t have to keep scrolling to find exactly what they’re looking for.
- Now stick the projects and tasks in the appropriate order for your resume and organize them.
- When you’re done, click on “save” at the top of the page and watch your resume be built for you. If you want to rearrange any sections (such as skills or education) then click “reorder.” If you want to remove a section, then remove it by selecting it and clicking “Remove.”
- Choose an electronic format for the final product. Once it’s complete, you can print it out and save to PDF.
- Email your resume to prospective employers. Even if you don’t get the position that you applied for, your resume will give potential employers a good idea of what kind of person you are and how well suited you are for the job.
Junior QA Tester Responsibilities:
- Write test cases as per requirement documents and design specifications to ensure the quality of product, with the help of supervisor.
- Test products using manual and automation tools and report defects to the development team for resolution.
- Execute acceptance tests against all features in production release as part of regression testing, to ensure that product remains compatible with existing product features and performs according to specified requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders and product owners for clarification of requirements and test cases.
- Take part in any additional testing tasks, as required.
- Provide feedback to the development team on automated scripts and test databases, product design, environment configuration etc., to improve testing cycle efficiency.
- Assist in the creation of release and release notes, bug-tracking databases etc., ensuring that information is correctly and efficiently entered into the systems by the development team..
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Act as an information resource for the team and provide assistance where necessary.
- All documentation is to be created in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Team Lead or Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by team Lead or Supervisor
Top 15 Must-have Junior QA Tester Skills:
- Attention to detail
- SQL experience
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Test execution
- Test design skills
- Software testing terminology knowledge: Example in-scope/out of scope, pass/fail, regression, bug, defect etc.
- Understanding of test data generation methods and techniques
- Writing clear bug reports (using templates)
- Ability to work with functional specifications and use cases to develop scripts for testing software functionality
- Knowledge of tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA
- Experience in usage of version control systems such as SVN
- Familiar with software testing methodologies and able to apply them
Tips to write a Junior QA Tester Resume Summary:
A resume summary is written to be a brief overview of your professional life. This is a one or two paragraph summary that can be used as an introduction to your resume.
Keywords: Junior QA Tester Resume, Junior QA Tester Resume Summary, Resume, Sample Resumes, Writing Guide
- If you’re just starting out in your career, write a description that highlights your newly acquired skills and work experiences.
- If you’re changing careers or are in between jobs, then write a summary that emphasizes your education, hobbies, and interests.
- Tailor every resume summary to highlight the skills and experience that are most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
- Highlight skills that are most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
- Use action words to show your motivation to do well on the job.
- Focus on your accomplishments and skills, not responsibilities that required very little effort from you.
- Don’t list every possible skill; use a hybrid approach by outlining some of your most important skills and experiences first.
- Don’t begin with a negative statement that indicates a lack of enthusiasm for your work; focus on accomplishments and positive statements instead.
How to write a Junior QA Tester Resume with No experience:
A junior QA Tester resume should be focused on your skills and the things you have accomplished. If you don’t have many accomplishments or experience, focus on your passions in life.
Make sure that your resume layout is clean and uncluttered. Stick to a standard template with three or four columns, rather than a busy design with lots of graphics and colors. It’s better to have a highly readable document that can be quickly assessed than an elaborate resume that takes longer to process.
- Do not include irrelevant information such as age, gender, hair color and marital status.
- Emphasize your achievements and experiences that are relevant to the job.
- Be specific in your language.
- Avoid using acronyms or industry jargon unless absolutely necessary because they may make your resume hard to read for a non-technical person.
- Don’t include a page number for your references section (some hiring managers ask to interview their references directly).
How to write a Junior QA Tester Cover Letter:
A great way to grab the attention of hiring managers is by putting your best foot forward with your cover letter. Writing a cover letter for a Junior QA Tester position demonstrates that you have initiative and that you’re interested in moving up within the organization. A great way to demonstrate your ability is by writing an exceptional cover letter.
- Keep it short! Two paragraphs is the maximum for a Junior QA Tester cover letter.
- Keep it to the point! Make sure you’re not rambling on about how great you are in every sentence and just cut straight to the chase!
- Proofread! No spelling or grammar mistakes. Use a spell-checker and try reading your letter backwards or out loud to catch anything that doesn’t sound right.
- Consider your audience! Are you writing a cover letter for a Junior QA Tester position at a small startup or large company? The tone should be different for each.
- Tailor it! Include details about the company you’re applying to and the position description in your cover letter. Make it stand out from other candidates’ letters by highlighting your accomplishments relevant to the company and its goals.
- Be honest! Don’t stretch the truth and write a cover letter that doesn’t sound like your voice.
- Be confident! Put all of your effort into your cover letter and it will show.
- Be friendly! Don’t insult or offend the hiring manager by being too formal or informal in any way; find a balance so you don’t come off as an unprofessional fool!
- Address it to someone specific! If possible, address your cover letter to someone specific, as opposed to “Dear Hiring Manager.
- Format your resume for easy viewing.
- Make use of tools like ResumeKraft’s Resume Builder to help make unique resumes.
- Before submitting your resume, have your friend(s) review it for improvement.
- If you need help, seek the advice of a professional resume writer.
I hope you are ready to create the Junior QA Tester Resume that helps you to land your dream job?
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Secondary School Teacher CV Sample
- Engineering Student CV Sample
- Credit Operation Executive CV Sample
- AWS DevOps Engineer CV Sample
- French Teacher CV Sample
- Software Operations Manager CV Sample
- Electrical Engineer CV Sample
- Financial Liaison CV Sample
- Senior Software Engineer CV Sample
- IT Specialist CV Sample