Are you an Junior Software Developer by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Junior Software Developer Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Junior Software Developer
Passionate about Computer Sciences, innovation and Technology, with an overall experience of 3 years as Software Developer, I have gathered experience in the field of DevOps and Project Management.
- R Programming
- HTML /Razor
- CSS / BOOTSTRAP
Junior Software Developer
- Project Management
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development (C#,ASP .NET CORE MVC, web api)
- Database Management (Microsoft SQL server, Oracle)
- Web Services
- Support on Existing Software Modules
Masters in Computer Science
Graduated in October 2017
Bachlor’s Computer Science (Hons)
New York Assurance (Software Revamping)
Revamped and provide support for Agents system for Motor insurance. Also, the system provides various MIS reports and Certificate of the Insurance.
Registry of Associations
Revamped and provide support to Roas application.
Revamped and provide support of existing Tracking Management System
Payment Portal – BuyTin
Development of Digitization Platform for BuyTin to use for payment and sim swapped in showroom.
Career Expert Tips:
How to write a Junior Software Developer Resume
If you’re a junior programmer looking for a new job and think that your resume needs a tune-up, this guide is for you! Chances are, if you’re just starting out in the field of programming and seeking your first developer position, you don’t know where to start with writing an eye-catching resume.
You can follow all the industry-standard tips for crafting a resume, but if you don’t have any solid work experience (yet!), how do you go about making your resume stand out from the crowd? Here are some tips to help you with writing a junior programmer’s resume.
1 – Show off what you know
When you’re starting out in the world of programming, it can be hard to find a way to express your skills on paper. So, to get your resume noticed above the rest, it helps to know what others don’t.
If you have any experience making websites, start there. If you’ve worked on games or web apps for other people’s clients or companies, show that off. If you’ve worked on many different types of projects in a wide variety of industries for your college major (in case they ask), show that off too.
You want to make yourself as stand-out as you can. Show off your skills with a project for every section of your resume.
2 – Include your achievements and awards
If you’ve never done this before, it can seem a little difficult to get started! But don’t be afraid. It can help you stand out from the crowd of junior programmers who have not yet had great experiences in their career.
If you’ve won any competitions, been published in a book or newspaper, or even earned a prize for that killer project at your university, include it! Many companies “hunt” for junior programmers with tons of experience, but there are many more who will want to work with someone who shows promise and has already shown great skill. They want to hire someone young, but they also want to work with someone who is ambitious and looking for the highest level of achievement for their career.
Be sure to include your specific interests and abilities in each category so you can stand out from the crowd.
3 – Show off your ability to learn quickly
When you’re new to programming, it’s easy to fall behind. You might know it’s difficult for you to keep up because of your youth, but there are other reasons. Some people expect you to be better than other developers because you are younger, and some employers don’t extend the same amount of research they would give to a more experienced developer.
With this in mind, you need to be sure that your skills show that you’re young and fast, not just young.
If you’ve done R&D on your own with a side project or personal coding, that’s great. Include that on your resume. You can also try to demonstrate your ability to learn quickly by taking an extra class or two this semester and jumping into the deep end of a project right away. This will draw the attention of employers who are looking for new blood at a company and want someone who will be able to bring their best from day 1.
4 – Offer to share your resume with others for feedback
This is an incredibly low-effort way to get a quick boost in your career. You can let other junior programmers in your field or even employers know about your skills, and they can give you feedback on what you should include or highlight more! I’ve done this stage myself and it’s always been helpful to get another perspective on what to include.
The more junior programmers you can reach out and give this to, the more you can show off your skills and knowledge.
5 – Follow existing industry trends (if for nothing else)
There are some things that are just universal. Employers want to see if you’re a good fit for their company based on your skills and experience. They want to see if you’re mature enough to handle the job and what they expect of you as a team player.
Whatever it is that you choose to write about, be sure to tailor it to the position you’re applying for. Don’t just copy and paste the same stuff you’ve used for every other job application. Tailor it. Show that you can contribute to the specific company or department in which you are applying.
Tips to write Junior Software Developer Resume Summary:
- Tailor your resume for each job you are applying for. Be sure to show that you can work in the specific department/company and deliver exceptional results on projects that you are applying for.
- Use a structured resume template if you don’t have one already available on the job search website of choice.
- Use keywords related to the field of technology for which you are applying for.
- Be honest and clear about your skills/traits and accomplishments.
- Show that you have the potential for success and how an employer can expect great things from you on a project or project.
Top 15 Must-have Software developer skills:
- Java, C# or C++
- SQL and MySQL
- Linux / Unix
- Online payment methods(PayPal/Skrill/Bitcoin)
- Patching and software updates
- Online collaboration tools (Github, Slack)
- Hibernation/sleep mode
- CSS framework (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Functional programming(Fizzbuzz, Fibonacci)
- Web scraping(HTML/CSS parsing)
- Cloud technology (AWS/Azure cloud services)
- iFrame issue fixing in JAVA or PHP based websites
- Mobile development using Xamarin
Tips to write Junior Software Developer Cover Letter:
- Be honest about your skills and experience.
- Ensure that the Cover Letter is error-free, grammatically, and typo-free.
- Address the cover letter to someone specific in the company (or a generic email address).
- Show that you’re a good fit for the organization and can bring great value to their business if you’re hired on as an employee.
- Ensure that you only speak about what is relevant to your specific position and not give the whole company history.
- Ensure that you address it correctly in the body of the letter.
- Make sure to include a salary demand when you apply for a job as a Software Developer (see below for salary ranges).
- Include details of how you’ve applied before to the company, or how they may be able to contact you before accepting your application or inquiry if they have a referral program in place.
- Make sure your resume is well-formatted and contains specific information about the kind of position that you’re looking for.
- Give your contact details so that they can get in touch with you if they have any questions, or get an email to confirm that your application has been received.
The field of software development is highly competitive. There are a lot of highly qualified candidates who are looking to get their dream job as software developers. It is extremely important not to give up, and be persistent in your job search efforts as this will increase your chances of being interviewed.