Are you a Mathematics Teacher by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Particularly adept at the creation of a stimulating learning environment for students to study in. Possess a genuine enthusiasm and passion for teaching math. Knowledge of online learning platforms and how they assist students with learning outside of the classroom. Excellent subject knowledge.
- Classroom Management
- Student Behaviour Management
- Computer Knowledge
Asst. Head Master and Senior Mathematics Teacher
- Principal – Prabananda Vidya Mandir, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Coordinator of Mathematics – Donyi Polo Vidya Mandir
- Exam Committee Head, NTSE and MTSE in-charge
- Asst. Head Master – Kodaikanal Public School, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu.
Diploma in computer Studies
Career Expert Tips:
Mathematics Teacher Resume Writing Guide
Are you a Mathematics Teacher with at least two years of experience in teaching mathematics? Do you want to make sure your resume is perfect for your next job opportunity? This guide will walk you through how to write an effective resume and cover letter.
How to write a perfect Mathematics Teacher Resume?
Include your teaching experience, achievements, education credentials, pending certificates, and awards. Make sure you include a cover letter that is customized to the particular position you are applying for. Remember, your resume and cover letter will be read by people who have no idea of what mathematics is all about; they read resumes for a living.
Information to include on your Mathematics Teacher Resume
In order to write a resume that grabs the attention of employers, you will need to provide specific and detailed information, such as:
Teaching responsibilities and techniques
Instructional programs and media used in the classroom. Cite multiple references from current and former students. Information about your successes in this position (i.e., participated in the creation and implementation of innovative curriculum, initiated extracurricular activities) will be vital part of your resume.
Scope and content of your coursework
It is important to include information about the courses you taught and your level of involvement (i.e., taught a wide range of math courses, including all levels of algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics and calculus). Also include information on any special projects that you were responsible for or contributed to. You may also wish to list any research papers you have published.
How to structure your resume?
Your resume should be structured in the following way:
Introduction and background section – this is where you explain your history, including any activities that you have been involved with. Include your educational credentials (i.e., Mathematics teacher certificates, teaching experience, externships, summer work).
Presentation of skills and achievements – include specific information about your work experiences; make sure you use the present tense. Be sure to include a high level of detail to illustrate that you are not just a number (i.e. worked very hard to provide a challenging environment for math students, increased the number of students excelling in math.
Presentation of education credentials – include any certificates or awards that you may have. Remember to include your certifications in order to demonstrate you are worth hiring (i.e., taught multiple grades, worked with at-risk students or with special-needs children). Include an example of the work you did, keeping it detailed and specific.
Presentation of duties and skills – this is an example of a general statement (i.e., assisted in classroom planning, provided teaching support for students, worked with department aides). Remember to include at least three examples within your resume.
Portfolio/reference section – show examples of your work throughout your academic career (i.e., presented research paper at a conference, authored six-week computer lab exercise). Attention should be given to the teacher quality benchmarks that you meet (i.e. effective classroom management, the ability to deliver challenging instruction to a variety of student levels, the ability to customize instruction for specific students). Remember to include your references in this section.
How to customize your resume based on position?
It is important to customize your resume according to the position you are applying for. In other words, it makes sense to tailor your content in order to highlight skills and accomplishments that are most relevant (i.e., using the specific language on the form). The more tailored your resume is, the better chance you will have of landing a job interview.
In addition, be sure to make sure that your resume reflects your specific skills and accomplishments (i.e., highlighting technical achievements). For example, you will want to make sure that the skills and accomplishments that you are claiming (according to the job advertisement) are included in your resume. In addition, it is important to customize your resume based on where you are applying for a job. For example, if you are applying for a technology related position, then it makes sense to focus on those skills most relevant to the position (i.e., making sure that your technical skills are highlighted).
As a final note, make sure that your resume is clear and concise. When you are creating your resume, keep in mind that the hiring manager will read it through once to determine if it is relevant to the position. If the hiring manager does not understand essential parts of your resume, then she or he will simply move on to the next applicant. In addition, make sure you get all of the essential information (i.e., skills related to the job) on your resume correct.
The best practices for a cover letter:
- Be concise – if you have more than 10 sentences, chances are you aren’t being succinct.
- Use correct grammar and writing style
- If you’re applying for an internship, be sure to mention it in your cover letter. It should be the first thing on the page.
- Make sure your contact information is easy to find and clearly stated.
Top 10 Must-have Mathematics Teacher Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and assess instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to build classroom communities that foster respect and a culture of accountability for learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop instructional strategies appropriate for the assigned subject content and grade level(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter, pedagogical content knowledge and instructional practices as related to the assigned discipline area(s).
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for the learning needs of all students regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status or learning ability.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate abilities and learning styles of all learners into their teaching practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex and dynamic classroom environment in a positive manner while effectively motivating diverse learners.
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective instruction and assessment strategies.
- Know your audience
- Don’t forget to follow what the job advertisement says or it will have no meaning
- Provide examples for each of the skills
- The cover letter should be unique and different in some way from every other cover letter you’ve ever written. You should be innovative on this. In some ways, you can say things in a different way that would not be meant to hurt someone’s feelings
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample