Are you an Occupational Therapist by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Occupational Therapist Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
As a 27 y.o F, my goal as I navigate both worlds of Occupational Therapy and Human Sexuality is to bridge the gap between the two so that other therapists will find the confidence and knowledge to address such an ADL that is often overlooked.
To do this, I will create a curriculumn for each of my classes that not only cover the foundational information a well-informed new graduate needs to know about the profession, but also incorporate aspects of Human Sexuality as it is directly related.
In combination with the support of your institution, I believe we will be able to change how future clinicians address, evaluate, and treat this ADL that is integral to the overall human experience.
- Active Listening
- Effective written and oral Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literate
Guest Lecturer- Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program
The Occupational therapy Doctoral (OTD) degree program was established with its first class being accepted in May of 2019. The partnership with the Human Sexuality program is to help prepare future clinicians with addressing aspects of sexuality within their setting.
Some Topic Coverages Available:
- Sexuality as an activity of daily living
- Sexuality and Disability
- CVA, TBI, & other neuromuscular disorders
- SCI and trauma
- Oncology and Pain disorders
Full-time Occupational Therapist
Newly established full-functioning medical center which offers 210 private patient rooms, a separate pediatric emergency department with attached inpatient unit, and an attached leading Cancer Center with multidisciplinaries under one roof.
- Maintain a personal caseload of 10-15 patients daily
- Evaluating patients ranging from young adult to late adulthood within the acute care hospital.
- Remain competent in follow diagnoses- Congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation, Upper and Lower Extremity fractures, Spinal compression fractures, joint replacements, stroke, acute renal failure, and history of falls
- Create Intervention plans which are client-centered and occupation-focused
- Prepare for transition to assist with outpatient hand therapy services
- Perform various office management duties
Full time turned Per Diem Occupational Therapist
A nonprofit 126-bed medical center redesigned to continue providing quality health care akin to it’s last 100 years of service to the community.
- Independently manage of a caseload of 5 to 15 Patients daily
- Conduct a needs assessments for patients between middle and older adulthood
- Remain competent in follow diagnoses- Congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation, Upper extremity fractures, joint replacements, stroke, acute renal failure, and history of falls
- Collaborate with the rest of the medical team to predict the next best step in our patients’ phase of recovery.
- Perform various office management duties
Per Diem Occupational Therapist
A 61-bed inpatient hospital designed to as assist patients who have suffered from a stroke, brain injury, orthopedic traum, amputation, etc regain their confidence and independence with functional tasks.
- Conduct indept needs assessment of patients which include full-length showers (as appropriate), dressing, toileting, transfers, and mobility
- Rehabilitate Patients post joint replacements, involved strokes, generalized deconditioning, Spinal fractures and surgeries, Upper and Lower Extremety fractures, etc.
- Learn and apply new skills and techniques to better assist patient return to prior level of functioning
- Collaborate with medical team to establish safe discharge plans for home vs long term care placements
- Perform various other office management duties
Masters of Education in Human Sexuality
Specific focus is on incorporating sexuality into everyday healthcare practice by teaching OT students how to address sexuality within their chosen settings.
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
Cumulative GPA: 3.78 Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.94 Summa Cum Laude
Assessment and Interventions III: Adults
Lecture current Widener University Occupational Therapy students on how to address sexuality as they relate to major diagnoses including orthopedics, spinal cord injuries, cancer, stroke, and dementia.
Assessment and Intervention I: Infancy to Pre-Adolescence
Lecture current Widener University Occupational Therapy students on various Human Sexuality topics as they relate in tandem with their scheduled Pediatric Lectures. Topics include sexual development from birth through adolescence and Gender
Facilitate an all-inclusive dance atmosphere through the incorporation of children ages 3 to 18 of all abilities into the classes—including those with Down Syndrome, ADHD, and on the Autism Spectrum
Plan various activities to enhance the child’s social, learning, and developmental skills as well as physical capabilities and provide efficient support in learning daily life skills for children ages 6 weeks through 6 years old.
Career Expert Tips:
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume
- Sales Manager Resume Example
- Data Scientist Resume Example
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample