Are you a writer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Writer Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
I started my writing career with a blog about the joys and challenges of parenting a highly sensitive child and two self-published picture books for highly sensitive children which have been recommended by thought leaders in the field. I was later fortunate enough to work with Marshall Cavendish, Penguin Random House SEA, World Scientific, and Chronicle Books on picture books spanning fiction and non-fiction. A member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and Julie Hedlund’s 12×12 Picture Book Challenge, I have spent the last six years moderating critique groups and editing several picture book manuscripts a week.
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (2014-Present)
- Julie Hedlund’s 12×12 Picture Book Challenge (2016-Present)
Children’s Book Writer
- Published books with Marshall Cavendish and Penguin Random House SEA in Singapore, and have one coming out with Chronicle Books in 2024.
- Conduct regular author visits in schools in person and virtually with sessions catering to children of all ages.
- Run four weekly critique groups (email, virtual, and in-person).
- Freelance developmental editor specialized in picture books.
Managing the day-to-day implementation, monitoring, and reporting on the Singapore Think Equal pilot project, including overseeing the pilots, from implementation to evaluation, to the Equal Rights Singapore Committee and Equal Rights Global.
Sales Development Manager
Responsible for setting long term growth and development strategies in line with brand visions for both the Dairy & Infant Nutrition categories, which constitute 50% of the total business. This entailed the setting and monitoring of BTL activities, in-store displays and branding, distribution & market share, dynamic forecasting, stock availability & freshness management, and pricing.
Editing Children’s Picture Books
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science – Nutrition
BEST FOOT FORWARD
THE YUMMIEST CUPCAKE
THE BOY/GIRL WITH BIG DREAMS
A WARM CHRISTMAS
HELLO GOODBYE LITTLE ISLAND
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
What Should Be Included In A Writer Resume?
A writer resume should be a comprehensive overview of your professional background and skills. A strong resume should showcase all of your most relevant experience and qualifications, as well as your writing abilities, such as knowledge of tone, style, and grammar. The resume should be tailored to each job you apply for and should include relevant information about your writing experience, skills, and qualifications.
The resume should begin with a professional summary that outlines your most important qualifications and experiences. This should be followed by a list of your most impressive writing assignments, including the title, date, and a brief description of each piece. You should also include any awards or recognition you have received for your writing.
Your resume should also include a list of any special skills or technical knowledge you may have as a writer, such as knowledge of HTML or SEO. List any software programs or other technologies you are familiar with that will help you complete writing assignments quickly and accurately. Make sure to include any education or certifications you may have related to writing as well.
Finally, list any additional experiences you may have that are related to writing. This may include previous freelance gigs, editing experience, or publications you have been featured in. Be sure to mention any activities or clubs you were involved in that demonstrate your writing talent, such as a school newspaper or a writing club.
By including this information in your writer resume, you can ensure that you showcase your writing skills and experience to potential employers. This will help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate why you are best suited for the position.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Writer?
Writing is a broad and unique skill that requires a particular set of abilities if you want to excel at it. Whether you are writing a novel, a blog post, or a business proposal, there are certain skills that will help you stand out from other writers and make you a more attractive candidate for writing jobs. When crafting a resume for a writer position, it’s important to highlight these skills in order to show potential employers that you are the right person for the job.
The most essential skill for a writer to have is the ability to communicate clearly with both written and spoken language. This means being able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts in a way that is accurate and engaging. As a writer, you should also be able to take feedback and incorporate it into your work. Additionally, it’s important to have an eye for detail and be able to proofread and edit your work thoroughly.
Another important skill to have as a writer is the ability to research and synthesize information. This includes being able to find reliable sources and being able to quickly evaluate and digest information. Additionally, many writing jobs require knowledge of specific topics and the ability to stay up to date on the latest news and trends.
Finally, it’s important to be able to take ownership of projects and manage your time effectively when working on them. This means being able to break down tasks into manageable steps and setting realistic timelines for completing them. Additionally, the ability to work well in a team environment can be beneficial since many writing projects require collaboration with other individuals.
By highlighting the above skills on your resume for a writer position, you can showcase to potential employers why you’re the right person for the job . Good research and information-gathering skills, knowledge of relevant topics, effective time management and the ability to collaborate with others are all essential traits of successful writers.
What Is The Job Description Of The Writer?
As a writer, your job description is to create written content that accurately conveys a message, story, or idea. Whether it be through articles, essays, books, or even blog entries, your job as a writer is to create content that is powerful, informative, and entertaining. As a writer, you must be able to research topics, use proper grammar and punctuation, and have an understanding of what your audience is looking for.
Writing is a complex skill that requires creativity and knowledge, and it is important that you are able to express yourself in a compelling and unique way. Additionally, you will need to stay up to date on the latest trends in the writing industry, as well as the latest developments in your subject. With the ever-changing landscape of the writing world, writers must always be adapting and innovating in order to stay relevant and competitive.
Writing is a powerful tool that can be used to educate, inform, and entertain. As a writer, it is your responsibility to create content that is of the highest quality and that reaches a wide and diverse audience. You must be able to research topics, develop strong arguments, and use proper grammar and punctuation. Additionally, you will need to be able to collaborate with other writers and editors in order to produce the best possible work. Finally, it is important to stay organized and manage your time wisely, so that you can effectively meet deadlines and produce high-quality content.
What Is A Good Objective For A Writer Resume?
When it comes to writing a writer resume, it is important to have a good objective statement. An objective statement is a short, focused statement that outlines what you want to accomplish with your resume. A good objective statement will help you stand out from the competition and give potential employers a better understanding of who you are as a writer and what qualifications you have.
A good objective statement should be specific, concise, and tailored to the position you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a freelance writing position, you can include an objective statement that mentions your skills and expertise in writing content for a variety of topics, as well as your ability to write in a timely manner. On the other hand, if you are applying for a position in a more traditional environment, you can emphasize your experience and qualifications as an editor or copywriter.
In addition to being specific and concise, it is also important to make sure your objective statement is tailored to the job you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a technical writing position, you might want to include an objective statement that mentions your expertise in technical writing, as well as your ability to communicate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
When writing a resume, it is important to remember that your objective statement should be the first thing that a potential employer reads. It should set the tone for the rest of your resume and make a strong first impression. A good objective statement can set you apart from the competition and give potential employers a better understanding of who you are and your qualifications.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Writer?
Being a writer is an incredibly rewarding career path with exciting opportunities for those looking for a creative and fulfilling profession. With the right education, skills and experience, career prospects for writers are vast, from writing books or articles for magazines to creating content for websites, newspapers and other forms of media.
The most successful writers possess excellent writing skills and have a passion for writing. They should have a good understanding of language and be able to craft stories that compel readers to keep reading. It’s also important to have an understanding of the industry you’re writing for as this will help you craft pitches and other materials.
Writers also need to have strong research skills and be able to take complex topics and make them easy to understand. It’s also beneficial to be creative and have an imaginative flair that can be applied to any project.
Though a degree isn’t necessarily required, many employers prefer to hire writers with a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or communications. Writing certificates are often offered by colleges and universities and can be helpful in attaining employment.
In addition to formal education, writers should also take the time to create a portfolio of their work and build up a network of contacts in the industry. An online presence is also helpful to showcase your writing skills to potential employers.
Developing a unique writing style, taking writing classes and attending workshops can help writers hone their craft. For those looking for writing jobs, freelancing is a great way to get started, as it offers a lot of freedom and allows writers to work on their own schedules. With the right qualifications, experience and connections, writers can find jobs in a variety of industries.
Key Takeaways for an Writer resume
When creating a resume for a writer role, it is essential to emphasize the skills and experience that are tailored to the job. An effective writer resume should provide readers with a clear understanding of the writer’s qualifications and why they are a good fit for the job. Here are some key takeaways for an writer resume:
- First, make sure to showcase the types of writing you have done in the past. Include examples of the projects you have worked on and the type of writing you are most experienced in. Show off your writing style, topics you have written about, and successful pieces. Be sure to include any awards or accolades you have received for your writing.
- Second, highlight your related experience and any relevant skills. This can range from experience with software programs to knowledge of HTML and other coding languages. It is also important to demonstrate your knowledge of the industry and any best practices you have learned.
- By expanding on this text, I am emphasizing the importance of showcasing your writing experience and highlighting your related skills and knowledge. Demonstrate your skill and knowledge of writing topics, awards, and accolades you have received. Additionally, showcase your experience and understanding of software programs, HTML, and other coding languages. Showcase your knowledge of the industry and any best practices you have learned. Lastly, provide evidence of your writing ability through examples of successful pieces you have written.
- Finally, be sure to showcase your knowledge of marketing, social media, and public relations. This will show potential employers that you understanding of how to effectively promote and market your writing. Include any past campaigns you have worked on and demonstrate your ability to use digital platforms to reach potential audiences.
- Highlight any writing awards or recognition.
- Showcase any classes or workshops taken to hone writing skills.
- Include any freelance or professional writing experience.
- Mention any connections with the industry.
- Demonstrate excellent grammar, spelling and writing skills.
By highlighting the key qualifications and related experience, you can create an effective writer resume. This will help you stand out to potential employers and showcase the skills and accomplishments that make you a great writer.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example