Are you a IT Operation Management by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional IT Operation Management Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
IT Operation Management
- Fourteen solid years of experience in Information Technology Operations, Managing IT across the Enterprise with vast experience ranging from System and Infrastructure management, Service Delivery Management, Strategy Planning, IT Infrastructure Services.
- Achievements in managing large strategic IT initiatives involving infrastructure management processes, operations and enterprise applications.
- Having broad and detailed knowledge of about the systems and product life cycle functions
- Project Management skills; Knowledge of Project mgmt. Processes/methodologies; Excel in project management, process management & team management
- Demonstrated capabilities in providing technical support and structuring customized solutions to meet customer’s specific needs
- Committed to efficient and accurate management of information systems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to translate Business needs into technology requirements that supports the company’s Business objectives, and to successfully manage all phases of IT Projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor, implementation, and training.
- Results oriented professional, recognized for taking on major initiatives, and adapting to rapidly changing environment and resolving mission-critical issues to ensure bottom-line success.
- High-performing with proven professional diligence & calibre in Server Administration, Troubleshooting, System Configuration & Technical Support Operations targeting optimal operational performance & client satisfaction.
- Comprehensive business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments for various platform/technologies coupled with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations round the clock.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional analytical, people management, relationship management and coordination skills.
- Responsible, available to work in group, Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup. Adaptable to change and adopt different work scopes
- Operations Management
- Service Delivery
- Service Management
- Project Management
- Team/People Management
- SLA Management
- Strategic Management
Currently assisting in one of the world’s biggest Travel group and a leading Financial sector, Atos IT Outsourced Services provide hosted IT services from in-house and third party data centres ensuring infrastructure is ‘always on’. As an Operational Manager, I am the principal interface between Atos’ offshore support teams and the client accounts that I am aligned to providing best of breed service management. I build and nurture relationships with key customer stakeholders and work with Onshore Operational Mangers and Service Delivery Managers to ensure the effective delivery of day to day services are surpassing the expectations of our customers.
I provide regular input into and am responsible for the ownership of continuous service improvement plans and provide narrative for service reporting.
- Implementation of governance routines for delivery of programs across the portfolio. Engaging with senior management for strategy planning & change reviews
- Building subject-matter-expertise on Infrastructure implementation and support service together with supporting business & operations in defining processes & best practices
- Transitioning and supporting infrastructure in “Business As Usual” Mode and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Operation manager for a large customer base. A wide range of technologies covered across enterprise estates. Provides service delivery based on ITIL framework v3 & IT Service Management model.
- Excel in complete process management with overall responsibility for maintaining various process metrics and strict adherence to the compliance procedures at all times
- Managing end-to-end project deployment and effectively plan resource utilization to ensure delivery of projects within time, cost, quality and budgetary parameters with agreed targets.
- Mapping clients, identifying improvement areas & implementing measures to maximize satisfaction levels. Ensuring continuous interaction with the customer to make sure that area of concern can be worked upon for improved service levels
- Ensuring compliance to SLA & timely notifications are sent to client and managers, and they are kept updated with the progress on the activities in the team.
- Expertise in maintaining high standards of customer service with service norms to achieve customer satisfaction and business retention.
- Successfully handling backend operations for minimizing error level and enhancing productivity and implementing service strategies according to the set targets and actively involved in controlling service deliverable as per given SLAs
- Work with the Incident Management team, track of the major incidents and prepare the Incident Reports for the major Incidents and circulate it with the higher management
- Reviews the Change Requests (RFCs) for the team and ensure all preparations have been taken care for the CAB meeting
- Create and develop performance report, delivery method, scope of work, and general duties records
- Help out in managing customer demands to ensure maximum satisfaction, and to maintain quality over quantity
- Engage in the negotiation of customer job demands and specifications as regards to resources and scope documents; and assist in creating comprehensive technical documents
- Supervise activities between internal and external resources, and facilitate smooth workflow for service delivery
- Evaluate project data for accuracy, and take the lead in setting project targets and priorities
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviours. Conducting training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job
- Part of my responsibility, review customer technical demands and instructions and assist internal team and customers to identify the best order for lifts, and the most efficient methods of maintaining and using delivered materials
- Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies. Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results.
- Perform regular appraisal of team member’s performance and devise strategies to help with improvement.
- Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations, discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them.
- Generates the comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines and the same shared with the team
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaint
- Collaborate and work with the team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for the team to work on the incidents , covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Assist service delivery team to prepare required documentation like HLD,LLD and prepares execution plan required for the project implementation and review the documents required to execute any minor or major changes in the environment
- Provide technical assistance to support teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change.
- Conduct performance analysis, tuning, automate system operation, capacity planning & performance management.
- Track and drive patch management & software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery & conduct asset management.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system support.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
Technical Project Lead
- Act as a Technical/ Team Lead for clients for all aspects of service Delivery.
- Setting KPI for Team Members and performance Monitoring.
- Meeting all support delivery milestones on the dates specified. To meet / exceed internal / external customer expectations.
- Process Owner for Incident and Problem Management by following ITIL Process. Oversee the administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- To ensure that all the facilities meet the needs of the end user with appropriate advice & support.
- Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives, motivate and inspire team members
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration, strive for team consensus and win-win agreements
- Ensure discussions and decisions lead toward closure, intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement, recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training. Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process, take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and process.
- To oversee troubleshooting and provide expert support whenever necessary.
- Work on multiple projects and operational activities both as a lead and team member
- Responsible for leading and executing technical discovery and deployment deliverables
- Implement, maintain, review and troubleshoot setups in distributed server infrastructure, platforms and related technologies (e.g. Windows Servers, Rack/Blade Systems, VMware Infrastructure)
- Expertise in troubleshooting the Virtual Infrastructure (windows 2012/2008/2003 servers) using Virtual center. Managing vMotion, VMware HA and DRS- enabled ESX clusters.
- Virtualization with VMware, implementation and management for 400 ESX hosts and 6000 virtual servers.
- Implementation of VMware ESX Server & P2V and V2V for Production, Development and Test environments as per the client requests
- Administration of different backup technology (Avamar 7.1 and Netbackup and TSM ) and Citrix environment
- Establish best-practices based configurations in support of customer requirements
- Applies experience and subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Troubleshooting to a specialist level within Microsoft Windows Server Network Infrastructures including Resilient and High Availability service solutions
- Leads product evaluations and proof of concepts for new technologies
- ITIL process knowledge applied throughout the project execution
- My role additionally covers the support and upgrade of a variety of IT solutions as well as a good all round knowledge of IT networks and infrastructure.
- Familiarize the team with the customer needs, specifications, development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance
- Assure that the team addresses all relevant issues within the specifications and various standards
- Initiate sub-groups or sub-teams as appropriate to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule
- Work with functional managers and SDMs to obtain necessary resources to support the team’s requirements
- Coordinates meetings with the project committee, project manager and functional management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task. Provide status reporting of team activities against the project plan or schedule
- Keep the project manager and SDM informed of task accomplishment, issues and status. Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
- Ensure the continuous business operations through contingency planning and implementation and integrity through security administration. Provide management support for the 24 x 7 work model.
- Responsible for the overall direction, planning and control of all aspects related to the Information Technology (IT) department and its functions – i.e. systems development if applicable, security and control, network and communications and end-user systems support.
- Manage the fast-paced growth in the number of processes and the expansion of existing business processes.
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Takes a lead role with minimal supervision in remediation of all system failures, logging all failures, documenting work procedures and system configuration.
- Support and troubleshooting from the OS, application and network level; resolves system hardware, software and networking issues; configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and servers; performing system backups and recovery and conducting server builds.
- Tier 2/3 support for technical support team; resolves escalated service requests from end-users.
- Administration of Domain controllers and ADS related issues, Configuring both internal/external DNS records, zones and zone transfers, Maintaining Clustered systems for High-Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Creating and configuring Group Policies Objects, Manage servers remotely using Remote Desktop,Managing / Administering the DHCP server, Implement disk quotas, Implementation and administration of policies backups for OS Windows
- Monthly Weekly and Annual report of administration: relevant activities, capacity, statistics, recommendations
- Administering the Virtual machines through Virtual Center console
- Administration of exchange servers and AV infrastructure
- Process improvement and automation. Technical input for service offerings and infrastructure.
- Supports initial setup of new customers through hands-on and arms-length configuration.
- Stays current on technology; brings innovation and industry leading ideas to the program.
- Willingly takes on new challenges as assigned
Customer Support Engineer
I was responsible for the Management of the IT Infrastructure for multiple clients
- Build trust and companionship between team members, Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals
- Influence valuable changes and positive outcomes, Be open to new ideas coming from team members
- Consult frequently with key team members, Establish an open discussion for decision-making
- Cultivate a unique identity for the team; Build a unified department, Encourage and support independent thinking
- Recognize and acknowledge the skills of key team members and utilize their strengths to the benefit of the team
- Define clearly state expectations and objectives with the team members. Ensure that all members understand the missions ahead
- Mediate disagreements between members. Set a behavioural code if necessary
- Develop an incentive program to increase results, Evaluate results and provide feedback in a timely fashion
- Other KRAs were Change Management, Project Planning, Resource Planning, Managing deliveries and resolving dependencies, Client Relationship Management and internal interfacing for project requirements, Resource training and optimization & job rotation, Deliver the project within estimated budget and timescales, Involved in preparation of SLAs.
BSc Computer Science
San Jose State University
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A IT Operation Management Resume?
When writing a resume for an IT Operations Management position, there are certain elements that should be included to ensure that your resume stands out and is effective. As an IT Operations Manager, your resume should showcase your technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
To begin, you should include a summary or profile section that highlights your qualifications and experience. This can be a concise paragraph or two that summarizes your experience, lists your key qualifications, and touches on your areas of expertise.
You should also focus on listing relevant experience and projects. Detail what technologies and systems you are experienced with, how you have contributed to the success of past projects, and how you have improved processes.
Along with your technical experience, include any other qualifications that demonstrate your ability to manage IT operations, such as problem solving skills, the ability to work with various teams and stakeholders, and working experience with different software.
Finally, make sure to include any certifications or education relevant to the position. Demonstrating that you have the necessary qualifications shows employers that you have the skills needed to be successful in the position.
Including all of these elements in your IT Operations Manager resume will make it stand out and help you get the interview. It is essential to be clear and concise when describing your background and qualifications so that employers can easily understand your qualifications and experience.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For IT Operation Management?
When writing a resume for an IT Operation Management role, it’s important to include the right skills and experience to make sure you stand out from the competition. An IT Operation Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of computerized information systems in a company. It requires a combination of technical and management skills.
The most important skills to highlight on your resume include leadership, problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and interpersonal skills. You should also include technical skills related to the most common IT systems and software. Additionally, experience in areas such as budgeting, project management, and customer service is essential for the role.
Leadership skills are an important component of an IT Operations Manager’s job. You should demonstrate that you have the ability to lead a team and manage complex projects. Problem-solving and decision-making skills are also important, as you’ll need to be able to identify and solve issues quickly.
Communication is key in this role. You should be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders, colleagues, and customers. Additionally, you should be able to articulate technical concepts in a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
Interpersonal skills are important to be able to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and customers. It’s also important to have experience in areas such as budgeting, project management, and customer service. A good IT Operations Manager should have an understanding of the most commonly used IT systems and software, as well as an understanding of the company’s data storage and backup systems.
An impressive IT Operations Management resume should include all of these skills and experiences. Including these skills will help you stand out from the competition and get your resume noticed.
What Is The Job Description Of The IT Operation Management?
An IT Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of an organization’s IT department. They handle the hiring and training of IT staff, handle maintenance and repair requests, plan and implement technology upgrades, and develop and enforce policies and procedures. Additionally, IT Operations Managers are responsible for monitoring the performance of the IT staff, as well as providing guidance, support, and direction to the employees. They also collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure that the IT systems run smoothly and efficiently.
Having extensive knowledge of IT systems, operations and software is essential for this role. IT Operations Managers must also have excellent problem-solving and communication skills, be able to multitask, and be organized and detail-oriented. To land this job, an impressive IT Operations Manager resume is essential. It must demonstrate the candidate’s understanding of IT systems and operations, as well as their leadership and management skills.
When creating a resume for the IT Operations Manager position, potential employers are looking for important details such as the candidate’s educational background, professional experience, and certifications. However, it is also important to showcase the candidate’s technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, communication skills, and ability to manage and mentor staff. Having a comprehensive resume will make it easier for employers to understand the candidate’s qualifications and abilities, and make an informed decision.
What Is A Good Objective For A IT Operation Management Resume?
A strong objective for a IT Operation Management resume should focus on the skills and experience required for the position. It should be concise and clear, and should express the candidate’s ability to effectively manage and oversee IT operations.
A good objective should emphasize the candidate’s experience in developing and implementing IT policies, procedures, and operations, as well as in leading and managing teams. It should also demonstrate the ability to manage, analyze, and interpret complex data and trends, as well as strategic decision-making and problem solving.
In addition, a good objective should also include experience in overseeing IT projects, developing and implementing IT strategies, and managing system implementations. The candidate should be able to describe how they have effectively managed and deployed IT resources, as well as how they have implemented and managed IT security policies.
Finally, a good objective should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to develop and manage relationships with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders, as well as the ability to build and maintain strong teams. It should also demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
What Are The Career Prospects In The IT Operation Management?
.A career in IT Operation Management can be incredibly rewarding. With the growth of technology and the need to manage operations in an efficient and secure manner, there is a growing demand for professionals who can oversee the entire IT operation system. IT Operation Management is a field that involves the organizing, handling, and managing of the IT operations of a business, such as the hardware, software, and networking components. Professionals in this field are responsible for making sure that the IT operation system is running smoothly and up to date.
With the technological advancements, there are now more opportunities available in IT Operation Management than ever before. IT Operation Managers are expected to lead teams and ensure the success of the organization. They must understand all aspects of the IT operation system and be able to coordinate the various teams working on the IT projects. IT Operation Managers must also be able to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise and be able to provide solutions to complex problems.
In addition, IT Operation Managers must also be able to understand the business requirements and develop strategies to ensure the success of the IT operations. They should also have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders. IT Operation Managers must also have a strong knowledge of the regulations and laws governing IT operations, as well as knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in the industry.
The career prospects in IT Operation Management are very promising. Experienced IT Operation Managers can earn salaries of up to $150,000 per annum, depending on the organization. With the demand for IT professionals continuing to increase, IT Operation Managers have the potential to command higher salaries in the future
Key Takeaways for an IT Operation Management resume
Writing an effective IT Operation Management resume can be difficult and time consuming. It’s important to take the time to craft a resume that showcases your skills and experiences in the most efficient way possible. Here are some key takeaways to help you write a successful IT Operation Management resume:
- Highlight your experience: Be sure to include your relevant experience, whether it’s IT operations management or a related field. Take the time to showcase your professional experience and highlight any notable accomplishments.
- Showcase your technical knowledge: IT operations management often requires a high level of technical knowledge. Be sure to include any technical certifications or relevant software and programming experience on your resume.
- Include your soft skills: While technical knowledge is important, so are soft skills such as communication, problem solving, and teamwork. Make sure to emphasize any soft skills that are relevant to the job.
- Use keywords: Make sure to include relevant keywords in your resume so that employers will be able to quickly identify your skills and experience . Research the job description and include any keywords that you find.
- Highlight any awards or honors: If you have earned any awards or honors throughout your career, be sure to include them on your resume. This will help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your commitment to excellence.
- Proofread: Taking the time to proofread your resume for any typos or errors is essential in ensuring that you make a good impression on potential employers.
By following these key takeaways, you can help ensure that your IT Operation Management resume is effective and accurately reflects your skill set and experience. This includes highlighting any soft skills that are relevant to the job, making sure to include relevant keywords, highlighting any awards or honors that you have earned, and proofreading for any typos or errors.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Production Engineer Resume Sample
- Loan Officer Resume Sample
- Senior Radiation Therapist Resume Sample
- Registered Nurse Case Manager Resume Sample
- Biomedical Engineer Resume Sample
- Marine Engineer Resume Sample
- Management Analyst Resume Sample
- Occupational Therapist Resume Sample
- Senior Physical Therapist Resume Sample
- Corporate Controller Resume Sample