Are you a IT Operation Management by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional IT Operation Management Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
IT Operation Management
- Fourteen solid years of experience in Information Technology Operations, Managing IT across the Enterprise with vast experience ranging from System and Infrastructure management, Service Delivery Management, Strategy Planning, IT Infrastructure Services.
- Achievements in managing large strategic IT initiatives involving infrastructure management processes, operations and enterprise applications.
- Having broad and detailed knowledge of about the systems and product life cycle functions
- Project Management skills; Knowledge of Project mgmt. Processes/methodologies; Excel in project management, process management & team management
- Demonstrated capabilities in providing technical support and structuring customized solutions to meet customer’s specific needs
- Committed to efficient and accurate management of information systems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to translate Business needs into technology requirements that supports the company’s Business objectives, and to successfully manage all phases of IT Projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor, implementation, and training.
- Results oriented professional, recognized for taking on major initiatives, and adapting to rapidly changing environment and resolving mission-critical issues to ensure bottom-line success.
- High-performing with proven professional diligence & calibre in Server Administration, Troubleshooting, System Configuration & Technical Support Operations targeting optimal operational performance & client satisfaction.
- Comprehensive business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments for various platform/technologies coupled with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations round the clock.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional analytical, people management, relationship management and coordination skills.
- Responsible, available to work in group, Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup. Adaptable to change and adopt different work scopes
- Operations Management
- Service Delivery
- Service Management
- Project Management
- Team/People Management
- SLA Management
- Strategic Management
Currently assisting in one of the world’s biggest Travel group and a leading Financial sector, Atos IT Outsourced Services provide hosted IT services from in-house and third party data centres ensuring infrastructure is ‘always on’. As an Operational Manager, I am the principal interface between Atos’ offshore support teams and the client accounts that I am aligned to providing best of breed service management. I build and nurture relationships with key customer stakeholders and work with Onshore Operational Mangers and Service Delivery Managers to ensure the effective delivery of day to day services are surpassing the expectations of our customers.
I provide regular input into and am responsible for the ownership of continuous service improvement plans and provide narrative for service reporting.
- Implementation of governance routines for delivery of programs across the portfolio. Engaging with senior management for strategy planning & change reviews
- Building subject-matter-expertise on Infrastructure implementation and support service together with supporting business & operations in defining processes & best practices
- Transitioning and supporting infrastructure in “Business As Usual” Mode and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Operation manager for a large customer base. A wide range of technologies covered across enterprise estates. Provides service delivery based on ITIL framework v3 & IT Service Management model.
- Excel in complete process management with overall responsibility for maintaining various process metrics and strict adherence to the compliance procedures at all times
- Managing end-to-end project deployment and effectively plan resource utilization to ensure delivery of projects within time, cost, quality and budgetary parameters with agreed targets.
- Mapping clients, identifying improvement areas & implementing measures to maximize satisfaction levels. Ensuring continuous interaction with the customer to make sure that area of concern can be worked upon for improved service levels
- Ensuring compliance to SLA & timely notifications are sent to client and managers, and they are kept updated with the progress on the activities in the team.
- Expertise in maintaining high standards of customer service with service norms to achieve customer satisfaction and business retention.
- Successfully handling backend operations for minimizing error level and enhancing productivity and implementing service strategies according to the set targets and actively involved in controlling service deliverable as per given SLAs
- Work with the Incident Management team, track of the major incidents and prepare the Incident Reports for the major Incidents and circulate it with the higher management
- Reviews the Change Requests (RFCs) for the team and ensure all preparations have been taken care for the CAB meeting
- Create and develop performance report, delivery method, scope of work, and general duties records
- Help out in managing customer demands to ensure maximum satisfaction, and to maintain quality over quantity
- Engage in the negotiation of customer job demands and specifications as regards to resources and scope documents; and assist in creating comprehensive technical documents
- Supervise activities between internal and external resources, and facilitate smooth workflow for service delivery
- Evaluate project data for accuracy, and take the lead in setting project targets and priorities
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviours. Conducting training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job
- Part of my responsibility, review customer technical demands and instructions and assist internal team and customers to identify the best order for lifts, and the most efficient methods of maintaining and using delivered materials
- Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies. Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results.
- Perform regular appraisal of team member’s performance and devise strategies to help with improvement.
- Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations, discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them.
- Generates the comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines and the same shared with the team
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaint
- Collaborate and work with the team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for the team to work on the incidents , covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Assist service delivery team to prepare required documentation like HLD,LLD and prepares execution plan required for the project implementation and review the documents required to execute any minor or major changes in the environment
- Provide technical assistance to support teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change.
- Conduct performance analysis, tuning, automate system operation, capacity planning & performance management.
- Track and drive patch management & software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery & conduct asset management.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system support.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
Technical Project Lead
- Act as a Technical/ Team Lead for clients for all aspects of service Delivery.
- Setting KPI for Team Members and performance Monitoring.
- Meeting all support delivery milestones on the dates specified. To meet / exceed internal / external customer expectations.
- Process Owner for Incident and Problem Management by following ITIL Process. Oversee the administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- To ensure that all the facilities meet the needs of the end user with appropriate advice & support.
- Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives, motivate and inspire team members
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration, strive for team consensus and win-win agreements
- Ensure discussions and decisions lead toward closure, intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement, recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training. Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process, take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and process.
- To oversee troubleshooting and provide expert support whenever necessary.
- Work on multiple projects and operational activities both as a lead and team member
- Responsible for leading and executing technical discovery and deployment deliverables
- Implement, maintain, review and troubleshoot setups in distributed server infrastructure, platforms and related technologies (e.g. Windows Servers, Rack/Blade Systems, VMware Infrastructure)
- Expertise in troubleshooting the Virtual Infrastructure (windows 2012/2008/2003 servers) using Virtual center. Managing vMotion, VMware HA and DRS- enabled ESX clusters.
- Virtualization with VMware, implementation and management for 400 ESX hosts and 6000 virtual servers.
- Implementation of VMware ESX Server & P2V and V2V for Production, Development and Test environments as per the client requests
- Administration of different backup technology (Avamar 7.1 and Netbackup and TSM ) and Citrix environment
- Establish best-practices based configurations in support of customer requirements
- Applies experience and subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Troubleshooting to a specialist level within Microsoft Windows Server Network Infrastructures including Resilient and High Availability service solutions
- Leads product evaluations and proof of concepts for new technologies
- ITIL process knowledge applied throughout the project execution
- My role additionally covers the support and upgrade of a variety of IT solutions as well as a good all round knowledge of IT networks and infrastructure.
- Familiarize the team with the customer needs, specifications, development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance
- Assure that the team addresses all relevant issues within the specifications and various standards
- Initiate sub-groups or sub-teams as appropriate to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule
- Work with functional managers and SDMs to obtain necessary resources to support the team’s requirements
- Coordinates meetings with the project committee, project manager and functional management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task. Provide status reporting of team activities against the project plan or schedule
- Keep the project manager and SDM informed of task accomplishment, issues and status. Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
- Ensure the continuous business operations through contingency planning and implementation and integrity through security administration. Provide management support for the 24 x 7 work model.
- Responsible for the overall direction, planning and control of all aspects related to the Information Technology (IT) department and its functions – i.e. systems development if applicable, security and control, network and communications and end-user systems support.
- Manage the fast-paced growth in the number of processes and the expansion of existing business processes.
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Takes a lead role with minimal supervision in remediation of all system failures, logging all failures, documenting work procedures and system configuration.
- Support and troubleshooting from the OS, application and network level; resolves system hardware, software and networking issues; configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and servers; performing system backups and recovery and conducting server builds.
- Tier 2/3 support for technical support team; resolves escalated service requests from end-users.
- Administration of Domain controllers and ADS related issues, Configuring both internal/external DNS records, zones and zone transfers, Maintaining Clustered systems for High-Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Creating and configuring Group Policies Objects, Manage servers remotely using Remote Desktop,Managing / Administering the DHCP server, Implement disk quotas, Implementation and administration of policies backups for OS Windows
- Monthly Weekly and Annual report of administration: relevant activities, capacity, statistics, recommendations
- Administering the Virtual machines through Virtual Center console
- Administration of exchange servers and AV infrastructure
- Process improvement and automation. Technical input for service offerings and infrastructure.
- Supports initial setup of new customers through hands-on and arms-length configuration.
- Stays current on technology; brings innovation and industry leading ideas to the program.
- Willingly takes on new challenges as assigned
Customer Support Engineer
I was responsible for the Management of the IT Infrastructure for multiple clients
- Build trust and companionship between team members, Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals
- Influence valuable changes and positive outcomes, Be open to new ideas coming from team members
- Consult frequently with key team members, Establish an open discussion for decision-making
- Cultivate a unique identity for the team; Build a unified department, Encourage and support independent thinking
- Recognize and acknowledge the skills of key team members and utilize their strengths to the benefit of the team
- Define clearly state expectations and objectives with the team members. Ensure that all members understand the missions ahead
- Mediate disagreements between members. Set a behavioural code if necessary
- Develop an incentive program to increase results, Evaluate results and provide feedback in a timely fashion
- Other KRAs were Change Management, Project Planning, Resource Planning, Managing deliveries and resolving dependencies, Client Relationship Management and internal interfacing for project requirements, Resource training and optimization & job rotation, Deliver the project within estimated budget and timescales, Involved in preparation of SLAs.
BSc Computer Science
Career Expert Tips:
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume
- Sales Manager Resume Example
- Data Scientist Resume Example
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample