Are you a Landscape Architect by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Landscape Architect Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
I am a Passionate landscape Architect with three Years Experience in both Design and Build and in Specifically Landscape Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning(Sustainable transport Planning). I am currently working with NY Initiative, Retrofitting streets and Open spaces in Nairobi. In addition to this, the role of intentional design in sustainable transport planning and strengthening community involvement in safeguarding public open spaces is what I am most passionate about.
- Drafting Softwares( ArchiCAD, AutoCAD)
- 3D Visualization Softwares(Sketchup, 3Ds Max)
- Rendering Softwares(Lumion, Vray)
- Management and Presentation Softwares(Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite)
- Research Tools and Methodologies
- Mapping Softwares(ArcGIS , QGIS)
- Project Management(Project workplans, Budgets , Fundraising and Reports)
- Community Engagement
- Effective Time Management
- Good team Player
Project /Research Assistant
During my current work with Nairobi County’s Safer Nairobi Initiative, I have contributed in Research and Sustainable planning for streets and Open spaces in Nairobi. In addition to this, the role of intentional design in sustainable transport planning and strengthening community involvement in safeguarding public open spaces is what I am most passionate about.
Volunteer and Treasurer , Nipe Sauti Africa.
At Nipe sauti Africa, i leverage my varied expertise as well as my strong leadership, time management,Fundraising and interpersonal skills to make an immediate and positive impact in the society. Through this i have contributed to making an impact in but not limited to :- Mentoring students, Constructing classrooms in Resource deficient areas, Volunteers works at Cancer centers and Hospitals .
Freelance Landscape Architect and Entrepreneur
Through this experience, i have gained experience at:- Management of Private Projects from Inception to Completion, Client management and Business and finance management, which have been instrumental in my career growth.
Site Co-coordinator and Landscape Architect
During my work at Design Con. Ltd, i gained experience at Construction Project management in the following areas:-
- Oversaw employee attendance record, handled payroll and ordered new materials for sites.
- Kept sites compliant with NCA Compliance.
- Read plans and blueprints and communicated to workers.
- Served as point of contact for clients to deliver information on work progress and resolve on-site technical problems.
- Attended on-site meetings with subcontractors and clients per month.
- Managed subcontractor personnel activity and team resources to meet all project requirements.
- Implemented safety procedures and verified workers wore proper safety attire to limit injuries and prevent accidents.
- Communicated daily with vendors to keep project fully operational.
- Scheduled labor, ordered materials and coordinated with other contractors to complete projects.
- Coordinated crew and subcontractor work activities and materials acquisition and maintenance.
- Handled all issues with relative ease by implementing best practices and applying critical thinking skills to find best solutions.
Landscape Design and Installation Coordinator
During my working with this upcoming Company,i gained great experience at managing a Landscape Architecture Design Start-up.
My roles included:
- Created and implemented variety of landscaping designs based on residential and commercial customer specifications, climate, location and budget.
- Provided follow-up appointments with clients to ensure that finished projects met expectations.
- Mentored newly hired employees and contractors in various landscaping tasks and equipment including irrigation systems, shrubbery, and horticulture.
- Calculated volume take-off and cost estimates for small to large landscape, irrigation and hardscape projects.
- Worked closely with clients in materials and plantings selection and made suggestions on best options for environment.
- Prepared documentation for various regulatory approvals.
- Kept project on schedule and within budget while serving as project leader.
This Opportunity provided a Learning Opportunity in Landscape Design , Construction and Maintenance, Better Mastery of Design Softwares as well as Team work.
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
Graduated with First Class Hons
Thesis: Transformation of waste for Recreation.
Graduated in Top of 2016 Landscape Architecture Class
Member of Architectural students association
Awarded Vice Chancellor’s Award for Academic excellence
Certificate Architectural Softwares
Graduated with a Distinction in Auto Cad drafting and 3DS Max Modeling and Rendering
Certificate in Defensive Driving
Graduated with a Class E Driving License
Certificate in Computer Packages
Awarded a Certificate in Computer Packages
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
Graduated in Top of Class a grade of A-(79 Points)
Elected Vice Chairperson of the Math and Science Club
Member of the YCS and Math and Science Club
Graduated cum laude in Roret Division.
Kenya Certificate of Primary Education(KCPE)
Graduated with 348 Marks out of the Possible 500 Marks
Member of the Wildlife and Scouts Club
Awarded Most Outstanding girl.
Lower-Upper Primary Education
Lower Primary Education
Lower Primary education
Placemaking Week 2020
Organizing Placemaking week Event at Short Street Nairobi which will be an extension of Luthuli Avenue.
NY Project: Bike and Walk Trails
Mapping out existing NMT facilities in Nairobi and Developing a City Wide Network of Walking and biking trails and support Infrastructure in collaboration with Critical Mass ,UNHabitat Urban Mobility Unit and other partners.
Revitalization of Luthuli avenue and Placemaking week 2019
The project sought to demonstrate the benefits and potential for walkability and bikeability in Nairobi, the relevance of creative methods in understanding the most pressing mobility challenges and the role of intentional design in getting people to walk and linger in downtown Nairobi.
Kerarapon Residential Landscape Installation
Designed and Installed Residential Landscape.
Athi River Commuter Railway Station
Supported the Nairobi County Government, Transport Unit in retrofitting the Old Kenya Commuter Railway Station.
Syokimau Residential Homes
Supervised Implemention of 4 No. Residential Homes in the Syokimau Area, Mombasa Road, Kenya.
Kenya DCI Frontage
Retroffited the Directorate of Criminal Investigation Frontage.
Oilibya Petrol Station Landscaping
Re-envisioned two Oilibya Petrol Station Landscapes.
Zamani Business Park
Career Expert Tips:
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample