Are you a NOC Engineer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional NOC Engineer CV template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Through my employment in Stackpath and PhoenixNAP I have gained broad knowledge in IT as well as experience of working with large enterprise clients.
I am self-driven, motivated and a great team player.
- Web server administration
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
NOC Tier 2 Engineer
Working in PhoenixNAP provided me with a great knowledge of how a datacenter operates. Some of the main tasks I’m performing are:
- Provisioning new server orders (physically racking server chassis and cabling)
- Performing hardware upgrades and troubleshooting hardware components
- Configuring operating system per user spec. for example setting up RAID and configuring network interfaces
- Managing DNS for customers
- Troubleshooting Nginx and Apache web servers
- – Issuing and installing SSL certificates
- Debugging network related issues on Arista and Brocade devices
- Monitoring great number of servers and ensuring availability according to service level agreements. I will also be proactive and notify the customer on the possible impact the issue may have and will offer recommendations regarding solutions
I have also broaden my knowledge in field of system administration that is primarily focused on CentOS 6 & 7 and have come to know other operating systems most notably VMware ESXi and Microsoft Windows Server platform.
NOC / Platform Operations Engineer
Continuing my journey in the world of IT now as a Platform Operations Engineer, my daily tasks and skills continue to evolve. In contrast to my previous position in the company I am now focused primarily on maintaining the infrastructure and ensuring the system stability with minimal to no service interruptions.
Some of the key daily tasks are:
- Monitoring the system health through various tools which include Grafana, Cacti, Nagios, Catchpoint, Panopta, OpsGenie, Site24x7. Each alert needs to be acknowledged in a timely manner, investigated fully and confirmed if the alert is real or not then proceed further based on severity of the alert. While most of the alerts are being handled by Platform Operations team, others need to be escalated to Engineering using JIRA ticketing system. A few alert examples which Platform Operations team is handling are: high load on a server, disk which is close to being full, issues with BGP sessions (failing/flapping), DNS resolver issues, high memory & swap usage etc.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues and if required, working with on-site smart hands technicians in order to swap out the faulty device.
- Working on internal and customer tickets with a few examples being: making adjustments to the monitoring system, analyzing logs for customers, updating internal documentation in Confluence, troubleshooting performance issues.
- Push configuration updates via management tools like Git & Ansible.
- Tracking and documenting all incidents for later reference and customer SLA.
Platform Support Engineer
As a Platform Support Engineer, my job is to solve problems and make customers happy. Being that the job is related to the content delivery network (CDN) some of the tasks include assisting clients with service integration through popular CMS platforms such as WordPress, Magento or on custom-built websites.
In situation where a problem occurs, debugging is often done on the server and network level where interpreting data from traceroutes, MTRs and logs on the server is required. Those issues can be related to download interruption, high network latency, service unavailability etc. If the issue needs to be escalated further, JIRA ticketing system is used. Platform support team then has to maintain communication with the team to which the issue is escalated and provide regular updates to the client informing him of the status of the reported problem.
For Enterprise customers things go even further where custom configurations are made through Nginx.
Other interesting tasks are writing articles / tutorials that are published on the official website and creating support documents with tests using learning management system (LMS).
During my enrollment at this position I was also appointed as a training manager, where I taught new employees the basics which are needed to better understand the service. This includes:
- DNS (How it works, most common DNS records)
- HTTP (Overview, request methods, headers, status codes)
- Working in Linux terminal
- Explaining commonly used networking commands (MTR, traceroute, ping, nslookup)
- Nginx webserver (Reverse proxy mode, caching, load balancing, etc.)
- Monitoring through Panopta
Project 7 (Migrating wokrstations to Windows 7 OS with LANDesk software, instalation and configuration of corporate software ), customer support
Career Expert Tips:
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Certified Prosthetist And Orthotist CV Sample
- Supply Chain Operations CV Example
- Warehouse Associate CV Sample
- Technical Analyst CV Example
- Senior Software Engineer CV Sample
- Company Secretary CV Sample
- Office Manager CV Example
- Campaign Management Officer CV Example
- Internship CV Example
- Senior Chef CV Example