Are you a NOC Engineer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional NOC Engineer CV template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Through my employment in Stackpath and PhoenixNAP I have gained broad knowledge in IT as well as experience of working with large enterprise clients.
I am self-driven, motivated and a great team player.
- Web server administration
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
NOC Tier 2 Engineer
Working in PhoenixNAP provided me with a great knowledge of how a datacenter operates. Some of the main tasks I’m performing are:
- Provisioning new server orders (physically racking server chassis and cabling)
- Performing hardware upgrades and troubleshooting hardware components
- Configuring operating system per user spec. for example setting up RAID and configuring network interfaces
- Managing DNS for customers
- Troubleshooting Nginx and Apache web servers
- – Issuing and installing SSL certificates
- Debugging network related issues on Arista and Brocade devices
- Monitoring great number of servers and ensuring availability according to service level agreements. I will also be proactive and notify the customer on the possible impact the issue may have and will offer recommendations regarding solutions
I have also broaden my knowledge in field of system administration that is primarily focused on CentOS 6 & 7 and have come to know other operating systems most notably VMware ESXi and Microsoft Windows Server platform.
NOC / Platform Operations Engineer
Continuing my journey in the world of IT now as a Platform Operations Engineer, my daily tasks and skills continue to evolve. In contrast to my previous position in the company I am now focused primarily on maintaining the infrastructure and ensuring the system stability with minimal to no service interruptions.
Some of the key daily tasks are:
- Monitoring the system health through various tools which include Grafana, Cacti, Nagios, Catchpoint, Panopta, OpsGenie, Site24x7. Each alert needs to be acknowledged in a timely manner, investigated fully and confirmed if the alert is real or not then proceed further based on severity of the alert. While most of the alerts are being handled by Platform Operations team, others need to be escalated to Engineering using JIRA ticketing system. A few alert examples which Platform Operations team is handling are: high load on a server, disk which is close to being full, issues with BGP sessions (failing/flapping), DNS resolver issues, high memory & swap usage etc.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues and if required, working with on-site smart hands technicians in order to swap out the faulty device.
- Working on internal and customer tickets with a few examples being: making adjustments to the monitoring system, analyzing logs for customers, updating internal documentation in Confluence, troubleshooting performance issues.
- Push configuration updates via management tools like Git & Ansible.
- Tracking and documenting all incidents for later reference and customer SLA.
Platform Support Engineer
As a Platform Support Engineer, my job is to solve problems and make customers happy. Being that the job is related to the content delivery network (CDN) some of the tasks include assisting clients with service integration through popular CMS platforms such as WordPress, Magento or on custom-built websites.
In situation where a problem occurs, debugging is often done on the server and network level where interpreting data from traceroutes, MTRs and logs on the server is required. Those issues can be related to download interruption, high network latency, service unavailability etc. If the issue needs to be escalated further, JIRA ticketing system is used. Platform support team then has to maintain communication with the team to which the issue is escalated and provide regular updates to the client informing him of the status of the reported problem.
For Enterprise customers things go even further where custom configurations are made through Nginx.
Other interesting tasks are writing articles / tutorials that are published on the official website and creating support documents with tests using learning management system (LMS).
During my enrollment at this position I was also appointed as a training manager, where I taught new employees the basics which are needed to better understand the service. This includes:
- DNS (How it works, most common DNS records)
- HTTP (Overview, request methods, headers, status codes)
- Working in Linux terminal
- Explaining commonly used networking commands (MTR, traceroute, ping, nslookup)
- Nginx webserver (Reverse proxy mode, caching, load balancing, etc.)
- Monitoring through Panopta
Project 7 (Migrating wokrstations to Windows 7 OS with LANDesk software, instalation and configuration of corporate software ), customer support
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
What Should Be Included In A NOC Engineer Resume?
A NOC engineer’s resume should be tailored to the job for which you are applying. It should highlight your technical and customer support skills, as well as your ability to work in an ever-changing environment. When writing your resume, be sure to include the following:
Your most relevant work experience. Include your technical skills, customer support and troubleshooting skills, as well as any relevant certifications.
Your education. Highlight any degrees or certifications that are related to the NOC engineer position.
Your technical skills. This is key for a NOC engineer position, so be sure to highlight your experience with different networks and systems, including troubleshooting and support.
Your customer service skills. NOC engineer positions often involve working with customers and providing technical assistance, so be sure to highlight your communication and customer service skills.
Your ability to work in an ever-changing environment. NOC engineers must be able to adapt to changing networks, systems, and customer needs. Highlight your flexibility and ability to handle new challenges.
Your certifications. NOC engineers should always include any relevant certifications and training they have completed.
Your interests. Include any hobbies or extracurricular activities that reflect your technical skills or ability to work in a team.
Include keywords. Be sure to use the same language and keywords that are used in the job description to ensure that your resume is seen by recruiters.
Writing a resume for a NOC engineer position can be challenging, but it is important to highlight your technical, customer service, and troubleshooting skills. Be sure to include relevant work experience, technical skills, customer service skills, and certifications in order to stand out from the competition.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For NOC Engineer?
When applying for a position as a NOC Engineer, it is important to highlight your technical knowledge and expertise in your resume. As a NOC Engineer, you are responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and solving network related issues on a daily basis. Therefore, it is important to showcase the skills and qualifications that demonstrate you have the necessary skills for the job.
To create an effective resume for a NOC Engineer position, the following skills are essential:
- Networking fundamentals: As a NOC Engineer, you should demonstrate an understanding of IP networks, routers, switches, firewalls, and other networking technologies.
- Troubleshooting: You should be comfortable troubleshooting and resolving a variety of networking issues.
- Technical writing: You should be able to effectively communicate technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Problem-solving: You should have the ability to quickly identify and solve complex network-related problems.
- Analytical skills: You should possess the ability to analyze a problem and develop creative solutions.
- Scheduling: You should be comfortable with scheduling network maintenance and upgrades.
These are just a few of the skills you should highlight on your resume when applying for a NOC Engineer position. You should also include any certifications or qualifications you have earned that demonstrate your expertise in the field. Finally, make sure to include any relevant experience or projects you have completed that are related to the position. By highlighting your experience and knowledge, you can create an effective resume for a NOC Engineer position.
What Is The Job Description Of The NOC Engineer?
A NOC Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of networks and systems in a company. They are responsible for the uptime and availability of these systems and networks, ensuring that they are running optimally. The NOC Engineer’s job requirements include troubleshooting, configuring, and repairing hardware and software related to network and systems operations. They also provide technical support to customers and ensure that the network is secure and compliant with industry standards. Additionally, NOC Engineers are responsible for reporting any network issues that may arise. They must also document the resolutions to these issues, as well as any changes made to the systems and networks of a company.
NOC Engineers must have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and protocols, as well as experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining networks and systems. They must also have a firm grasp on security measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption technologies. In addition, they must have experience using network monitoring tools such as SNMP, Wireshark, and NetFlow. Excellent communication and customer service skills are also important, as NOC Engineers often work with clients to resolve technical issues.
When writing a resume for a NOC Engineer position, it is important to highlight your technical and customer service skills. Include any experience working with networks and systems that you have, as well as any certifications that you may hold. Be sure to showcase your troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, as well as your ability to work with clients. Additionally, be sure to include any experience that you have in documenting network changes and resolutions. An effective resume will demonstrate why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
What Is A Good Objective For A NOC Engineer Resume?
The objective section of a NOC Engineer’s resume is a powerful tool to highlight your qualifications and accomplishments in order to make a great first impression on potential employers. A good objective should be concise and highlight the most important qualifications and experience that make you the best candidate for the job. Here are some tips to help you write an effective objective for your NOC Engineer resume:
First, make sure to include information about relevant certifications, such as Certified NOC Engineer, that you have obtained. This will demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary skills and qualifications to complete the job.
Second, provide a brief overview of your experience working in the IT field. This will show employers that you have prior experience working with similar systems or technologies, which can be beneficial for completing NOC tasks.
Third, briefly list your main skills and qualifications as a NOC Engineer. This will emphasize to employers that you have the knowledge and expertise necessary to complete the job efficiently and effectively.
Finally, make sure to include the type of position that you are looking for. This will help employers understand what type of job you are seeking, and that you are a good fit for the role.
By writing an effective objective for your NOC Engineer resume, you will be able to make a great first impression and stand out from the competition. Following these tips will help you create an objective that will showcase your qualifications and make you an attractive candidate for any NOC Engineer role.
What Are The Career Prospects In The NOC Engineer?
A Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is a critical role in an organization’s IT infrastructure. These professionals are responsible for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting networks and systems. They ensure that networks are secure and reliable. Demand for NOC Engineers is expected to remain high in the coming years due to the growing use of complex systems and networks.
NOC Engineers have diverse job responsibilities. They need to be able to effectively monitor and troubleshoot networks, ensure security, and maintain system performance. Additionally, they must be knowledgeable about the latest technologies and best practices for system administration and networking.
NOC Engineers need to possess a set of technical skills to be successful. These include knowledge of network protocols, network traffic analysis, network security, software development, and system design. A good understanding of system administration, IT security, and network management is also required.
Becoming a NOC Engineer is a great way to start a career in the IT industry. These professionals are well-compensated and can find work in a wide variety of industries. They are also expected to be in high demand as companies continue to invest in IT solutions and services. With the right knowledge and experience, a NOC Engineer can enjoy a successful and rewarding career.
Key Takeaways for an NOC Engineer resume
When creating a NOC Engineer resume, it is important to consider the key takeaways that will make you stand out to potential employers. NOC Engineers are responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and responding to network and system issues, so employers want to make sure they are hiring personnel with the right technical skills and qualifications. Here are the key takeaways to include on your NOC Engineer resume that will make you an attractive candidate:
- Technical Knowledge: Employers want to see that you have extensive technical knowledge and experience in network operations, including knowledge of network protocols and troubleshooting tools. Be sure to list any certifications or training you have in network operations, as well as your experience with various tools.
- Problem Solving: NOC Engineers need to be able to quickly and accurately diagnose and resolve problems. Make sure to list any problem solving skills you have that demonstrate your ability to take the initiative and think outside the box.
- Communication: NOC Engineers need to be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel. Be sure to include any experience you have in this area, such as customer service or team collaboration.
- Leadership: Employers want to hire NOC Engineers who have experience leading teams and delegating tasks. Include any leadership experience you have on your resume, such as managing projects or leading a team.
By including these key takeaways on your NOC Engineer resume, you will be able to demonstrate to potential employers that you have the technical knowledge, problem solving skills, communication skills, and leadership qualities needed to be a successful NOC Engineer.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example