Are you a SAP Basis Administration by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional SAP Basis Administration CV Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
SAP Basis Administration
Highly skilled and versatile SAP Basis Administrator with 5+ years of experience in managing complex SAP landscapes. Proficient in system installations, upgrades, and performance tuning, ensuring system availability and stability. Expertise in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, implementing security measures and authorizations, and managing SAP transport management system. Committed to delivering efficient and effective SAP solutions to optimize business operations.
- BASIS Administration
- HANA Administration
- System Upgrade and OS/DB Migration
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Solution Manager
- SAP System Monitoring
- User Administration
- SAP Performance Tuning
- Transport Management
- Database Administration
- System Landscape Planning
- SAP Security Management
- Solution Manager Configuration
Senior Software Engineer
SAP BASIS Production Support
- Ensuring availability and performance of SAP ECC, BW, PI, PO, EP and Solution Manager System, with underlying Database as MS SQL and OS as Windows.
- Enabling Note Assistant to consume Digitally Signed SAP Notes and TCI.
- Implementing recommendations as per Early Watch Alerts.
- Monitoring the Transaction log shipping and troubleshooting in case of any failures.
SAP Installation Automation
- Automating the installation of SAP Application server (ECC 6.0) and MS SQL Database using the unattended mode of SWPM for POC purpose
Solution Manager Installation, Upgrade and Mandatory Configuration
- Installing SAP Solman 7.2 system and performing SPS Upgrade, with underlying database as HANA 2.0
- Setting up SLD, LMDB and performing mandatory configuration.
SAP BW Migration – On Premise to Azure Cloud Platform
- Analysis of As-is environment – Connected Interfaces, Memory parameters, User Login Interface, Third Party tools
- SAP NW 7.31, Oracle 18.104.22.168 (Including Oracle SBP on staging server) and HANA 1.0 SP12 Multi-tenant installation at target Azure servers.
- Oracle Database copy using backup/restore method from Datacenter to Staging environment on Azure for SPS upgrade and DB Migration to HANA.
- OS/DB Migration from Oracle/Oracle Linux to HANA/SUSE-Linux.
- Configuration of AWS S3 tool at Linux server to copy oracle backup and other files from S3 Bucket.
- Performing post copy and post migration tasks on the SAP systems.
- Working with Network/Firewall teams for DNS re-pointing and opening Firewall rules.
- Tuning the Memory and SAP Buffer parameters as per the system loads during testing and mock runs.
- Managing Dual Landscape setup – Importing weekly TR from as-is to to-be environment.
- Backup, HA and DR configuration based on RTO/RPO for Tier 1 SAP systems.
SAP BPC Upgrade from BPC 10.0 to BPC 10.1
- Analyzing the dependencies and creating project plan for upgrade.
- Performing POC on Sandbox system.
- Generating the stack.xml file for upgrade and completing the pre-upgrade activities.
- Upgrading the system using SUM tool.
- Performing the post upgrade activities and cleanup.
SAP BASIS Production Support
- Daily monitoring to ensure availability, checks for Hardware resource utilization, Dumps/errors in the system.
- Handling of Incidents, Change requests for User issue/requests and Auto generated alert tickets.
- System Refresh for ECC & BW systems.
- Working with Firewall team to open ports for Interfaces and ABAP system connectivity.
- STMS Configuration & troubleshooting of related TR issues, Auto-Import Job setup.
- Configuration of mail server in SCOT and administration of SOST entries.
- Batch job administration, spool administration, Archive management,
- Troubleshooting issues related to Transactional & Queued RFCs
- Kernel, ST-PI, ST-A/PI, SPAM/SAINT Upgrade.
- R/3 Application Performance monitoring & tuning – Memory parameters, Security parameters,
- Analyzing and resolving program issues due to ABAB Dumps.
- SAP Note Implementation using SNOTE.
- Driven Disaster Recovery Drill manually & through tool Sanovi.
- Printer configuration over different Access methods – Local (L), Berkeley (U), Frontend (F, G), and SAP Protocol (S).
- HA & DR Setup/Administration of HANA DB using System Replication.
- Full & Log Backup Setup/Configuration & Restore of Database.
- Hana DB Installation & revision upgrades
SAP BASIS Monitoring & Support
- Performing SAP system health checks
- Monitoring the System Alerts generated through CCMS
- Monitoring the full/log backup success and notifying to Backup team in case of failure
- Monitoring the database alerts and notifying the DBA for issue fix
- Managing User accounts in SAP Support Portal
Career Expert Tips:
Understanding the Role of an SAP Basis Administrator
In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, the role of an SAP Basis Administrator holds paramount importance for businesses worldwide. This position demands a unique blend of technical prowess and administrative finesse, ensuring the smooth functioning of the SAP environment. Let’s delve deeper into the multifaceted role of an SAP Basis Administrator, one that necessitates a comprehensive understanding of SAP systems coupled with effective administrative skills.
An SAP Basis Administrator is entrusted with the responsibility of managing the SAP infrastructure, ensuring its stability and optimal performance to support critical business operations. They play a crucial role in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of SAP systems, safeguarding data integrity and system security. Their role extends to monitoring system performance, troubleshooting issues, and implementing necessary upgrades to enhance the overall efficiency of the SAP environment.
Essential Qualifications for an SAP Basis Administrator
Stepping into the shoes of an SAP Basis Administrator requires meeting specific prerequisites that validate one’s competence in managing complex SAP environments. Let’s explore the key qualifications that pave the way for a successful career as an SAP Basis Administrator:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, showcasing a strong foundation in technical expertise.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP architecture and infrastructure, including SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA, and SAP Solution Manager.
- Proven experience in SAP system administration, demonstrating a track record of effectively managing and optimizing SAP landscapes.
- Proficiency in database administration, particularly with SAP HANA and other database management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, enabling efficient identification and resolution of complex technical issues within the SAP environment.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, essential for coordinating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure seamless SAP operations.
Acquiring relevant certifications in SAP technology can serve as a testament to your expertise and further enhance your credibility in the competitive job market.
Roles and Responsibilities of an SAP Basis Administrator
The responsibilities of an SAP Basis Administrator are diverse and demand a comprehensive understanding of SAP systems and their integration within an organization. Let’s uncover the key responsibilities that define this pivotal role, each playing a crucial part in ensuring the smooth functioning of the SAP environment:
- Managing SAP installations, upgrades, and patches, ensuring that the system remains up-to-date and fully functional.
- Monitoring system performance and addressing any performance bottlenecks or system errors promptly.
- Implementing security measures to safeguard the SAP environment from potential threats and unauthorized access.
- Collaborating with development teams to integrate new applications and functionalities within the existing SAP landscape.
- Providing technical support and guidance to end-users, ensuring they can efficiently utilize the SAP system for their operational needs.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation, including configuration details, user guides, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Conducting regular system audits and implementing best practices to optimize system performance and reliability.
Each responsibility requires a keen eye for detail and a proactive approach to ensure the seamless functioning of the SAP environment.
SAP Basis Administrator CV Writing Tips
As you craft your SAP Basis Administrator CV, it is crucial to highlight your unique skill set and experiences that set you apart in the competitive job market. Here are some valuable tips to help you create a compelling CV:
- Emphasize your experience in managing complex SAP landscapes, showcasing specific projects and tasks you have successfully overseen.
- Highlight your expertise in SAP system troubleshooting, demonstrating your ability to resolve critical issues efficiently.
- Quantify your achievements with specific metrics, showcasing the impact of your contributions on system performance and operational efficiency.
- List any relevant SAP certifications and training programs you have completed, underlining your commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Customize your CV for each application, aligning your skills and experiences with the specific requirements of the role you are applying for.
Each tip is a step towards creating a comprehensive and impactful CV that effectively showcases your capabilities as an SAP Basis Administrator.
SAP Basis Administrator CV Summary Examples
Your CV summary serves as the initial impression of your professional journey, highlighting your key strengths and contributions within the SAP landscape. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- “Results-driven SAP Basis Administrator with a proven track record of optimizing system performance and ensuring seamless SAP operations for global enterprises.”
- “Experienced SAP Basis Administrator adept at implementing system upgrades and security protocols, ensuring the stability and security of complex SAP landscapes.”
- “Detail-oriented SAP Basis Administrator with a passion for delivering high-quality support and troubleshooting solutions to enhance the efficiency of SAP environments.”
Each summary encapsulates your expertise and professional journey within the realm of SAP Basis Administration.
Building a Strong Work Experience Section for Your SAP Basis Administrator CV
Your work experience section serves as a testament to your practical skills and contributions within previous roles. It is an opportunity to showcase your accomplishments and the value you have brought to the organizations you have worked with. Here are some examples to guide you:
- “Led the successful implementation of SAP HANA migration, resulting in a 30% improvement in system performance and data processing efficiency.”
- “Implemented comprehensive security protocols, ensuring compliance with industry standards and safeguarding sensitive data within the SAP environment.”
- “Collaborated with cross-functional teams to integrate new modules and functionalities within the SAP landscape, enhancing overall business process efficiency and user experience.”
Each experience serves as a reflection of your proactive approach and the tangible impact you have had on the SAP systems you have managed.
Education Section for Your SAP Basis Administrator CV
Your educational background is a foundational element of your expertise as an SAP Basis Administrator. It serves as a validation of your technical knowledge and proficiency in managing complex SAP environments. Here’s how you can structure your educational milestones:
- Master of Science in Information Technology, XYZ University, a comprehensive program that enhanced your technical acumen and problem-solving skills, 2017.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, ABC University, a foundational step in your journey towards a successful career in SAP Basis Administration, 2013.
- SAP Certified Technology Associate, a recognition of your specialized knowledge in SAP technology, 2018.
Each educational achievement symbolizes your commitment to excellence and continuous learning within the field of SAP Basis Administration.
Essential Skills for an SAP Basis Administrator CV
Your skill set serves as a testament to your capabilities and expertise within the realm of SAP Basis Administration. It showcases your proficiency in handling complex SAP systems and ensuring their optimal performance. Let’s outline the key skills that an SAP Basis Administrator should possess:
- Effective problem-solving skills, enabling swift resolution of complex technical issues within the SAP environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities, essential for coordinating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure seamless SAP operations.
- Attention to detail, crucial for maintaining data integrity and ensuring the accuracy of system configurations and installations.
- Adaptability and resilience, allowing you to navigate and overcome challenges within the dynamic landscape of SAP administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA, and SAP Solution Manager, critical for effective management of SAP landscapes.
- Proficiency in database administration, particularly with SAP HANA and other database management systems, ensuring efficient data handling and processing.
- Expertise in system monitoring and performance optimization, allowing for the proactive identification and resolution of potential system bottlenecks.
- Strong understanding of SAP security protocols and measures, safeguarding sensitive data and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
Each skill serves as a valuable asset, contributing to the seamless and efficient management of SAP systems.
Avoid These Common Mistakes in Your SAP Basis Administrator CV
While creating your CV, it is crucial to steer clear of common pitfalls that can undermine your potential as an SAP Basis Administrator. Let’s highlight the mistakes to avoid:
- Using generic language that fails to showcase your unique contributions and capabilities within the SAP environment.
- Overlooking the importance of quantifying your achievements, which can obscure the tangible impact of your work within the SAP landscape.
- Neglecting to customize your CV for each application, missing the opportunity to align your skills and experiences with the specific requirements of the role.
- Disregarding the significance of proofreading, which can lead to errors that undermine the professionalism and credibility of your CV.
Avoiding these mistakes can significantly enhance the effectiveness of your CV, highlighting your unique value as an SAP Basis Administrator.
Key Considerations for Your SAP Basis Administrator CV
As we conclude this comprehensive guide, it’s essential to keep certain key considerations in mind while crafting your SAP Basis Administrator CV. Let’s recap the vital points to remember:
- Showcase your technical expertise in managing SAP systems, highlighting specific projects and achievements that demonstrate your proficiency.
- Emphasize your proactive approach to system monitoring and problem-solving, showcasing your ability to ensure the smooth functioning of complex SAP environments.
- Quantify the impact of your contributions within previous roles, demonstrating the tangible benefits of your expertise in SAP Basis Administration.
- Highlight your commitment to continuous learning and professional development, showcasing any relevant certifications and training programs you have completed.
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI CV Builder, CV Design, CV Samples, CV Examples, CV Skills, CV Help, CV Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the SAP Basis Administrator job interview questions.