Are you a software tester and looking for an exciting career? We have great news for you! use our professional software tester resume example. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Software Tester Resume Sample
An IT professional with 15 years of successful experience in Software Development, Testing, and Support. Expertise in Algorithmist and analyst. A coding enthusiastic, multi-talented, committed, and seasoned. Recognized consistently for performance excellence and success of the projects.
- Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, SED, AWK
- Java, C, SQL
- Linux, Unix, Sun Solaris, Windows
- Oracle 12c Database Enterprise Edition
- WebLogic 12c
- TestNG, JMeter
- IpTables (Firewall)
Senior Software Engineer Jan 2010 – Present
- Developing install and patching frameworks for cloud infrastructure services.
- Bug fixing and enhancements implementation
- Testing and certifying the install and patching frameworks
- Automating all the install and upgrade paths
- Simulating Production for functional testing and automating
- 24/7 support for Adobe systems and Private Cloud Customers
- Release Management for Adobe systems Cloud and Private Cloud infrastructure services
Senior Member Technical Staff Feb 2006 – Jan 2010
- High availability testing of Salesforce collaboration suite services using cluster of middle-tier and database servers
- Creating test case documents, test cases and automating the test cases.
- Test execution, bug filing, and bug verification
Software Engineer Sep 2004 – Feb 2006
- Development in Porting for “Internet Express” services for Hewlett-Packard
- Creating test case documents, test cases, automating the test cases
- Test execution, bug filing, and bug verification
- Network Administration and System Administration
Star Performer Award
- Single-handedly supported Oracle Public Cloud Production and Private
- Cloud Customers with great quality
- Implemented Zero Downtime Upgrades which completely eliminated downtime during service upgrades
- Implemented an incremental upgrade model which reduced upgrade time by 50%
- Implemented patch rollback model to rollback the patching done
Masters in Computer Science
Columbia University – Jun 1999 – Jun 2003
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
California State University Los Angeles Campus – Jun 1997 – Apr 1999
Career Expert Tips:
Software Tester Resume with Writing Guide
There are many reasons why you may decide to become a software tester; you could be in an entry-level position, training for another career, bored with your current job or simply looking for something new. Whatever your reason is, the important thing is that you have a solid resume that gets attention.
In this guide, we will go over the basics of how to customize your resume and cover letter so they can get noticed by employers.
Software Tester Resume Writing Guide:
1. Cover Letter for Software Tester:
Software testing is an exciting and lucrative field. It’s one of the earliest types of software testing, and it has recently become one of the most popular methods as a way to get started in the software industry. If you’re interested in this field, you should first take a look at our article on Software Test Resume Resources that will teach you how to create a perfect resume that highlights your experience and skills as a software tester.
2. Company Information:
Just like any other resume, your software tester resume shouldn’t include your personal information. Just leave this field blank and use the “Company Name” and “Function” fields in the “Company Information” section to describe what you’ve done in terms of testing, who you’ve worked for or if you have a software testing career.
3. Job Description:
The job description can be quite important for software testers. They’re the people who test whether or not their codes and tests work as planned. If you work on any kind of project, you’ll probably have to deal with a software tester or two at some point. Think about what makes your resume stand out from the rest when it comes to your skills and training, and make sure that you have all of the needed experience and expertise to fit in this position.
4. Work Experience:
In this section, you’ll want to list all of your work experience, including the company name, position held, location and dates of employment. This information can be put in a variety of formats depending on your past jobs and experience. We recommend using a traditional table format with the columns labeled as “Company Name,” “Function,” “Location” and “Dates of Employment.” List all of the companies that you’ve worked for, and describe what you were doing in each position held.
This is the part where you’ll want to list all of your educational backgrounds. List the schools you’ve attended and any degrees that you possess, including their subject areas and when they were awarded. This information can be included in tabular format or as a simple list, depending on what works best for you in terms of describing your qualifications for employment.
6. Additional Skills:
In this section, include any skills that you have that don’t fit into another category.
Software Tester Responsibilities:
- Help software developers to design, develop and test new products
- Conduct tests to find bugs or errors in the product
- Detect and report software errors in accordance with technical specifications
- Test the application code and implement database queries using appropriate tooling
- Test application integration with public or private APIs
- Define test cases, create scripts for automation of testing, and review logs to debug issues during testing
- Prepare test environment for non-programmers and QA personnel
- Prepare and maintain test documentation
- Create and update test plan to review product functionality under different scenarios or conditions
- Plan testing activities as well as define and implement strategies for achieving goals
- Research and analyze application issue reports or defects to determine the cause of the problem
- Prepare or maintain documentation for bugs, tests, test results, test plans, functional specifications etc. using tools like Bugzilla, Jira, or similar
Top 10 Effective Software Tester Skills:
A good software tester is a good communicator. They should be able to clearly communicate their findings or point out any problems with ease. Communication skills are very important throughout any job, but they are particularly vital for someone in software testing who may have to deal with employees of all levels within the company and also with customers.
- Problem Solving Skills:
Good problem-solving skills will help you identify and solve any issues that come up during the course of your work. This will help you get any problems fixed before they become bigger and more complicated. These skills are also vital in a software testing role because you’re often working on the product itself and you may have to investigate why it’s not working correctly.
- Organizational Skills:
Depending on your job, organization skills are going to be different from person to person but they’re definitely something that anyone in the world of software testing needs to have. Whether you’re the person who is doing all the testing of the application or you’re helping to figure out bugs that might disrupt the entire company, you have to be on top of your game when it comes to staying organized.
- Problem Solving:
This skill will again depend on what kind of job you are working in, but a problem solver will help everyone who has problems with anything because they can find solutions and make everything right again.
- Critical Thinking:
It’s not enough to be able to take in information. You must be able to analyze the information and figure out what’s going on and what might happen next. This skill will help you think critically about everything you do and will allow you to come up with an accurate solution to any issues. This also means that you need to be able to make wise decisions when they become necessary.
- Meticulous Thinking
While it’s good to be able to think critically, it is also important to be careful about your thoughts. You should be able to take a step back from everything and realize when you’re going down the wrong path or if you’re not really getting anywhere with something.
- Attention To Detail:
This one is pretty obvious, but it’s important that you are very attentive when it comes to things like details about the software or your job.
How to write a Software Tester Resume Objective:
A software tester’s resume objective statement is a sentence that describes your skills and qualifications. It is usually found at the end of an objective section in a C.V. The purpose of the sentence is to describe what you should be doing when you are in your current position, so it should state something that very clearly shows how your previous experience relates to a future job as a software tester.
Objective statements can be short sentences or paragraphs, but whatever type you choose, make sure that it’s more than just “I want to work for a software testing company.
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Avoid using words like ‘hardworking’ or ‘diligent as they aren’t really describing anything meaningful.
- Avoid referencing a particular job or position that you want to have
– this can make your objective look unoriginal and generic.
- Think about what you would like to do. Write down a few sentences about it and then change them until they sound right
- Use examples from your resume that demonstrate your abilities
- Use verbs, as they can show what you have achieved and may help show that you know how to handle a situation.
- Keep it relevant in terms of the job description and avoid making general statements about yourself.
How to write a Software Tester Cover Letter:
A cover letter or C.V. is a structured and formal way of presenting your skills and qualifications, particularly for an application to a specific job. There are two types of cover letters that are often used in the hiring process: application letters (formal) and personalize letters (informal).
A cover letter is required for almost every job that you wish to apply for, so if you haven’t already written one, you should do so now. The cover letter is a formal way to introduce yourself to the reader, and should introduce yourself in an engaging and memorable way. It is also a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills by telling them about why you are good fit for the position.
If you wish to apply in person, it is important that you dress nicely and think about what message you would like to give off about yourself through your appearance. Once again, keep it short as the employer wants to make sure that they have time to read your application before they start.
- Keep it short – no more than two pages.
- Write in the first person.
- Use a simple and engaging writing style that will make the reader want to read on.
- Avoid using jargon unless you know exactly what it means – for beginners use a simple and easy-to-understand language.
- Make sure that all your lines are well spaced
- Proofread your work before printing out the application form – there are many things that can happen in job applications. Spend time carefully reading through your resume.
- Software testing ability is not as rare as it used to be. There are many companies that are hiring for this profession and they are looking for people who can test their products, identify problems and fix them. You do not have to be a computer whiz or a rocket scientist to undertake jobs as a software tester.
- There is a lot of competition out there so you should always prepare yourself by making sure that your resume and C.V.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Secondary School Teacher CV Sample
- Engineering Student CV Sample
- Credit Operation Executive CV Sample
- AWS DevOps Engineer CV Sample
- French Teacher CV Sample
- Software Operations Manager CV Sample
- Electrical Engineer CV Sample
- Financial Liaison CV Sample
- Senior Software Engineer CV Sample
- IT Specialist CV Sample