Are you a System Administrator by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional System Administrator CV sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more CV samples.
System administrator with experience in 8 years of system and server administration. Proven ability to quickly and effectively fix problems in order to restore servers to working condition after failures. Strong communicative and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Problem-Solving and Administration
- Automation and Scripting
- Security and Monitoring
- IoT/Mobile Device Management
- Scripting Languages
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked closely with other business analysts, development teams, and infrastructure specialists to provide high-availability solutions for mission-critical applications based on 1C Enterprise.
- Created procedures for system monitoring, recovery, backup and optimization through PRTG Network Monitor, Zabbix (basics) and Acronis Backup and Recovery, Veeam Backup,
- Synology Active Backup for Business .
- Debugging and troubleshooting Windows OS. Server roles, Role services, MS SQL Database, PostgreSQL and Exchange server 2010 for clients, quick and accurate solution to other technical problems.
- Basic support Linux OS.
- Analysis and elimination of system vulnerabilities, updating and installation of OS patches, antivirus protection.
- Optimize and administer VMware virtual infrastructure, Hyper-V, KVM, build clusters and high availability solutions.
- Development and implementation of exchange systems with Bank subsystems.
- Configuration of server-based infrastructure (DELL, IBM, HPE, Synology, Cisco etc).
- Work with large corporate clients, advice and assistance in solving problems.
- Maintenance of the virtual and physical server infrastructure of the enterprise, modernization and repair, managed firewall, network monitoring and server monitoring both on- and off-site.
- Administration of virtual infrastructure based on Hyper-v and VMware 5.5.
- Windows 2003 – 2012 server environment with 12+ servers. Managed all Cisco / HPE / Dell equipment and appliances.
- Work and support for the following services: RDS, Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, RRAS, WSUS, VPN, File and Storage Services. Ms SQL Database. Mail Server.
- Enhanced availability of infrastructure through enterprise-wide planning, thorough testing, effieinct implementation and comprehensive support.
- Supports 180+ users, incident response and troubleshooting.
- Negotiations with vendors, planning and purchasing equipment.
Programming of Computers And Automated Systems
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A System Administrator Resume?
A great System Administrator resume should showcase a candidate’s technical skills, understanding of operating systems, networks, and databases, as well as soft skills like communication and customer service. A successful resume should highlight a candidate’s ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and configure systems, and to work comfortably with a variety of users.
When writing a resume, it is important to include the most relevant information. For a System Administrator, this would include experience with installing and configuring operating systems, networks, and software. Education and certifications related to the field should also be listed, along with any experience with network security or programming.
A System Administrator should demonstrate a deep understanding of operating systems and be familiar with basic software engineering principles. It is also beneficial to showcase knowledge of scripting languages and an understanding of system automation. Finally, a successful System Administrator should be able to work in a team and have excellent communication skills.
Including all of this information will help a System Administrator stand out in the job market and will ensure that they are considered for the best job opportunities.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For System Administrator?
As a system administrator, it is important to make sure your resume showcases the skills and experience necessary for the job. A comprehensive resume should include skills that specifically relate to the job duties of a system administrator. This includes technical knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and analytical skills.
When writing your resume for a system administrator role, make sure you include the following skills:
- • Experience in managing IT systems, including hardware, software, databases, and networks;
- Expertise in database design, programming, and management;
- The ability to configure and troubleshoot hardware, software, and networks;
- Knowledge of cybersecurity protocols and best practices;
- Familiarity with virtualization technology;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools;
- Time management and organizational skills.
Additionally, it is important to emphasize any certifications that are relevant to the role, such as Network+ or Security+. Including these certifications on your resume will help you stand out from the competition and demonstrate your commitment to the field.
Ultimately, your resume for a system administrator role should showcase your technical knowledge and skills as well as your ability to work independently and as part of a team. By highlighting your experience and relevant certifications, you can ensure that you are the best candidate for the job.
What Is The Job Description Of The System Administrator?
The System Administrator is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a computer system. They install, monitor, and troubleshoot hardware, software, and networks. They also help to keep computers up-to-date and running smoothly.
System Administrators must be knowledgeable of the various applications used in their work environment. They must understand the common protocols used to connect to networks, how to secure these connections, and how to configure LANs and WANs. They must also have a good understanding of system software, operating systems, and programming languages.
System Administrators are also responsible for maintaining networks, such as LANs, WANs, and WLANs. They create, configure, and maintain network security protocols, network services, and network resources. They must also be able to monitor networks for performance and security threats, and detect and take corrective action for any potential problems.
In addition, System Administrators are responsible for providing end-user technical support. They must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose IT issues, as well as provide solutions. Finally, System Administrators must be able to create, maintain, and update system documentation and user manuals.
What Is A Good Objective For A System Administrator Resume?
A good objective for a System Administrator resume should focus on the abilities and skills that are sought after in the field. It should highlight the most important qualities that the applicant possesses which will make them an ideal fit for the role. Additionally, the objective should reflect the applicant’s goals, aspirations, and motivation to succeed in the position.
When crafting an objective for a System Administrator resume, it is important to make sure that the tone is positive and self-assured. It should express the applicant’s enthusiasm for the position and the willingness to take on any challenges that come with it. Furthermore, the objective should reflect the applicant’s understanding of the technical requirements and responsibilities of the role.
It is essential to focus on the specific job role that the applicant is applying for and how they are qualified to fulfill it. The objective must be direct and succinct, but it should also convey the passion and drive of the applicant to succeed in the position.
Overall, a good objective for a System Administrator resume should showcase the applicant’s skills, abilities, and experience. Additionally, it should be tailored to the specific position and emphasize the applicant’s motivation to excel. A well-written objective will go a long way in getting the attention of the hiring manager.
What Are The Career Prospects In The System Administrator?
As a System Administrator, you have the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help businesses and organizations in various industries keep their IT systems running optimally. System Administrators are responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining the computer networks of organizations. This includes implementing, configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting hardware and software systems.
The role of a System Administrator can vary from organization to organization and from industry to industry. However, the basic tasks are the same. You’ll need to be an expert on computer networks, hardware, operating systems, and software applications. You’ll also need to be able to diagnose and fix computer-related problems.
The career prospects for System Administrators are strong. As businesses and organizations rely on technology more and more, they need professionals with the technical skills to keep their systems up and running. System Administrators can find work in almost any industry, including health care, finance, and education. They can also find work in government and non-profit organizations.
There are also opportunities for System Administrators to move up in their career. With the right experience and certifications, they can become IT Managers or Systems Engineers. These roles involve more responsibility and a higher salary.
Overall, System Administrators have a promising career prospects. With the right skills and experience, they can find work in a variety of industries and organizations. With more experience, they have the potential to move up in their career and make a higher salary.
Key Takeaways for an System Administrator resume
Crafting a good System Administrator resume is essential for a successful job application. As a System Administrator, you need to showcase your technical capabilities and knowledge of IT systems. To ensure that you create an impressionable System Administrator resume, there are several key takeaways you should keep in mind.
First and foremost, your resume should highlight the technical skills and capabilities that are relevant for the job you’re applying for. This includes any systems administration, network support, or other IT related experience that you have. These should be highlighted near the top of your resume, so they can be quickly spotted by potential employers.
Secondly, it is important to include any certifications or qualifications that are relevant to the job. System Administrators require a certain level of technical expertise, so employers will be looking for evidence of this. Be sure to include any certifications that demonstrate your ability to work with IT systems.
Finally, be sure to include any relevant soft skills on your System Administrator resume. System Administrators need to be organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate with other stakeholders. Showcasing your ability to work in a team and coordinate with other professionals is important for potential employers.
By following these key takeaways, you can improve your chances of landing a System Administrator position. Demonstrate your technical capabilities and qualifications, and remember to highlight your soft skills. With an impressive resume, you can make a lasting impression with potential employers.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Production Engineer Resume Sample
- Loan Officer Resume Sample
- Senior Radiation Therapist Resume Sample
- Registered Nurse Case Manager Resume Sample
- Biomedical Engineer Resume Sample
- Marine Engineer Resume Sample
- Management Analyst Resume Sample
- Occupational Therapist Resume Sample
- Senior Physical Therapist Resume Sample
- Corporate Controller Resume Sample