Are you a Tableau server admin by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Tableau Server Administrator Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Tableau Server Administrator Resume Sample
Tableau Server Administrator
Havings 5+ years of experience in the areas of Tableau Server Administration, Managed Services, Software Application Support, IT Operations, Technical Support & Support Desk Management.
Micro Chip Technologies Inc
- Hands-on experience with Installation, configuration and upgrading the Tableau Server across the environments.
- Performed administrative and support activities across Tableau infrastructure including security administration, installation and configuration of the Tableau Server.
- Actively involved in the creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission setup for Tableau Server logons.
- Monitoring the Tableau Server and giving feedback to the client on managing the environment effectively.
- Expertise in setting up single node Tableau Server/Tableau Cluster.
- Experience in implementing Tableau Sever security with SSL and SAML authentication.
- Created workbooks to display the capacity of the environment, user traffic which connects to the Tableau PostgreSQL DB.
- Automated the Tableau Server backup.
- Integrated Tableau Server with Salesforce using Tableau Trusted authentication.
- Very good knowledge in Tableau Licensing.
- Expertise in Server Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience in implementing High Availability (HA) for a Tableau cluster.
- Managed client communication and understanding the requirements for all projects.
- QC the workbooks that were developed before sharing with the clients.
Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer Science)
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Rock Start of The Month
Career Expert Tips:
Tableau Server Administrator Resume with Writing Guide
The Tableau Server Administrator Resume is the most important document for you to get your foot in the door of any career, whether it is as a finance manager or analyst. Because this is such an important document, it needs to be impeccable and an example of what employers want. It needs to demonstrate that you have what it takes to excel in a specific industry. While others may disagree with this point, these are the steps you should take when creating your resume:
Tableau Server Administrator Resume Writing Guide:
- In the header list your name, address, phone number, and email. Although this seems obvious, it is important to have this information included so that whoever is looking over your resume can contact you about job opportunities.
- In the next section list the dates during which you held certain positions. This includes a high school as well as college jobs where applicable. Make sure you include the location as well.
- The next section can be your education section or experience section. If you have a college degree from a college with a high ranking, it is more likely that you will be hired for your first job than someone who has only graduated from a community college.
- The next step is the “Skills” section of your resume. This section list all the skills that are relevant to the position you want and related to the job of Tableau Server Administrator. Examples: data entry, database administration, Microsoft Office skills, web design, and computer programming.
- The next section is the “Qualifications” section. In this section list the qualifications you have that make you a good fit for this job. Other examples of qualifications include financial management experience, database management experience, and knowledge of Excel macros.
- In the “References” section list three references. These can be people who you have worked with or people who you have known for a while. Either way, these references should be able to tell prospective employers why you are a good fit and why they should hire you.
- The final step is including your resume in an attachment to your email as well as the job application itself.
Tableau Server Administrator Responsibilities:
- Work with users to help them create and use custom reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Provide technical support to Tableau Server administrators and end-users.
- Work with systems to improve performance via automatic background maintenance, tuning, or troubleshooting of Tableau Server components.
- Assist in the configuration of Tableau Server components and services.
- Work with end-users, administrators, business intelligence architects, and developers to plan and implement solutions.
- Communicate the goals and vision of the BI/DW projects with business managers, IT staff, technical staff, project leaders or leads; work through challenges and obstacles as needed.
- Coordinate between users to ensure that only authorized access is provided to Tableau Server resources or data sources (e.g., cloud storage accounts).
- Work with Data sources.
- Meet business needs of the end-users (e.g., data mining and analytics).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the BI/DW business staff or organization, as needed or assigned by qualified professionals.
Top 10 Must-have Tableau Server Administrator Skills:
- Understanding of server scheduling
- Presentation design skill
- Editing and adapting statistical information, including graphics, charts, and models
- Strong written communication skills and an ability to maintain an organized blog with valuable content
- Ability to collaborate with a team, write reports, and manage time effectively
- Experience working with tools such as the Google Analytics Calculation Engine (formerly Google Analytics Premium Edition) to process data from external sources into useful information for business intelligence
- Experience navigating an enterprise-level software platform
- Familiarity with SQL and database concepts in a data warehouse environment
- Ability to design effective dashboards
- Big data experience, including the ability to manage large amounts of data and metadata
Tips to write a Tableau Server Administrator Resume Summary:
- Use the “Professional Summary” section to clearly define skills and achievements.
- Name the skill sets you have that make you a good fit for a certain role or job. Don’t just list all of your titles! You want to show your expertise in how you’ve accomplished what it is that you do today. Your achievements will not be impressive if you choose them at random without having previous experience in similar areas of work and professional behavior.
- List your skills by categories, separating different skill sets to make it easier for recruiters to find the appropriate match for you.
- Also, list your accomplishments by job titles or tasks. You should be able to use the same set of descriptions for each accomplishment, so you can customize them if you want.
How to write a Tableau Server Administrator Resume with No experience:
- Find an internship, or even better, a job as a Tableau Developer.
- Ask for monthly feedback sessions, and change your resume as they suggest.
- Find out what specific Computer Science skills are looked for in Tableau Server Administrator Resume with No Experience resumes.
- Tailor the Computer Science skills to your background and interests to make Tableau Server Administrator Resume with No Experience Resumes stand out.
- Use Tableau Server Administrator Resume with No Experience resumes getting other Computer Science jobs.
How to write a Tableau Server Administrator Cover Letter:
- Include a summary of your skills and responsibilities.
- Include the difficult-to-find information in your cover letter, not in the resume.
- Describe accomplishments and challenges.
- Include complimentary skills not listed on your resume or job description (like Excel, custom duties, or customer service).
- Compare your previous experience with the job you’re applying to now; show that your skills and experience match the job description exactly.
- If you are not a Tableau Server Administrator, the first thing you should do is research a few of your skills below. You are unlikely to be found out as a Tableau Server Administrator.
- Mention your previous experience in Tableau in the first few sentences of the resume by listing it at the end of your career summary section. Make sure to include all relevant experience and information about the project(s).
- Intro paragraph: Use this paragraph for additional detail about who you are and why you want to work for them.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample