Are you an Accountant by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Accountant CV sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more CV templates.
Accounting professional with good experience in a target driven environment. Proven track record in consistently and committedly delivering the services which enhance the company’s credibility and profitability. With my administration and institutional abilities, I would also work to perform administrative tasks and responsibilities.
- Client Management
- Proactive worker
- Public Speaking
- MS Office
- Financial Accounting
- Event Organization
- Team Leadership
- Prepared journal entries, complete general ledger operations, monthly, year-end closings and draw up financial reports.
- Managing payroll of 176 employees including foreign as well as local staff.
- Responsible for managing cash in hand of $7,500 and fee of $4 million approximately.
- Ensured proper recognition of revenue and expenses for departmental cost center activity.
- Vendor management including tax payments.
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable from our banks and treasury.
- Handled our account in banks and confirm the balances with our system.
- Assisted preparation and coordination of the audit process ,implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Dealing with all finance related queries of staff and clients.
- Responsible for teaching Financial Management to students and marking their assignments/mock exams.
- Marking assignments/mock exams of international students online.
- Preparing exam papers for weekly assessments.
- Preparing bank reconciliation and preparing weekly reports.
- Posted journal entries and maintained files and records required for the operations of financial workflow
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A Accountant Resume?
When it comes to writing an accountant resume, there are a few things that must be included in order to ensure that you get the job you are looking for. The first, and most important, element to include on your resume is your professional experience, including any relevant skills and qualifications that you have. This section should be detailed and accurately reflect all of your experience in the accounting field. Additionally, be sure to include any certifications, licenses, or credentials that are applicable to the position you are applying for.
The next important element to include on your resume is your education. Here, you should provide a brief overview of your academic qualifications, including any relevant degrees or diplomas that you may have. This section should also include any post-secondary education, such as degree programs and certificate programs, that you have completed.
Finally, the third essential element to include on your accountant resume is your professional references. These should be from people who know you professionally and can attest to your skills and abilities. Be sure to provide the full name, contact information, and any other requested information for your references.
By including these three elements on your accountant resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you are a qualified and competent accountant. With an effective resume, you will be able to set yourself apart from other candidates and increase your chances of getting the job you want.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Accountant?
When it comes to writing a resume for an accountant, the skills you include are just as important as any other job. Accountants need to be knowledgeable in a variety of areas, so it’s important to highlight your skills in order to be successful. Here are some essential skills that should be included in your accountant resume:
- Accounting Proficiency: Accounting is a key competency for any accountant, so you should highlight your knowledge and experience in the field. Be sure to include any certifications or degrees you have earned, as well as any relevant work experience.
- Financial Reporting: Accurate and timely financial reporting is essential for any accountant, so be sure to include any financial reporting experience you have.
- Tax Preparation: Tax preparation is an important element of accounting, so you should include any experience you have with preparing taxes.
- Budgeting: Budgeting experience is also important, so be sure to emphasize any experience or education you have in this area.
- Financial Analysis: Analyzing financial data is an important skill for any accountant and should be included on your resume.
- Business Writing: Accountants must be able to communicate and write clearly and effectively, so include any experience you have in business writing.
- Computer Skills: Since technology is so important in the accounting world, include any experience you have with computer software and programs.
- Problem-Solving: Accountants must be able to identify and solve problems, so include any experience you have with problem-solving.
Including all of these skills on your resume will help you stand out and make sure that employers know that you are the right fit for the job
What Is The Job Description Of The Accountant?
An accountant is a professional who is in charge of overseeing and managing the financial records of businesses and individuals. They are responsible for accurately preparing and maintaining these records, as well as providing advice and guidance to those who use them. Accountants must have a strong understanding of accounting principles, and they must be able to interpret financial statements and use financial software. Accountants can work in both private and public sectors, such as in accounting firms, government agencies, and private businesses.
Accountants must have good organizational and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills. They should have knowledge in accounting software and be proficient in computer skills. In addition to monitoring and maintaining financial records, accountants can also provide advice to clients on tax-related matters, as well as help with corporate finance and investment decisions. They may also coordinate audits and review financial statements for accuracy.
Accountants should be comfortable working with numbers and be able to analyze and interpret financial data. They should also be detail-oriented and have the ability to identify and anticipate potential problems. It is important for accountants to remain up to date with changes in tax laws, regulations, and accounting standards, as well as any other changes that may affect the accuracy and efficiency of a financial system.
Accountants must also be able to work independently, as well as with a team. They must be able to work under pressure and be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
Overall, accountants are responsible for ensuring that financial records are accurate and up to date and that they are compliant with all laws and regulations. They provide invaluable advice and guidance to clients and help businesses and individuals manage their finances.
What Is A Good Objective For A Accountant Resume?
When writing a resume for an accountant position, it’s important to include a compelling objective statement that tells potential employers why you are the best fit for the role. A good accountant resume should communicate your experience, qualifications, and skills while expressing your strengths and enthusiasm for the job.
The best objective statements for an accountant resume should be concise and clearly communicate why you are the best candidate for the position. A good objective statement should include your knowledge of accounting software, your experience with financial statements, and your understanding of tax laws and regulations. It should also include any certifications or qualifications that you possess, such as a CPA certification or a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
If you have any specialized experience in audit or financial analysis, be sure to highlight it in your objective statement. Additionally, if you have any professional memberships or awards, such as a CFA or CMA, include this information as well. Your objective statement should demonstrate that you are a well-rounded accountant who is capable of working in various roles.
Finally, it’s important to make sure that your resume includes keywords that match the job description. Doing this will help you stand out from other applicants and will make it easier for employers to find your resume. By including the right keywords, you can ensure that your resume will be seen by the right people.
By writing an effective objective statement, you can make a great first impression and set yourself apart from other applicants. A well-crafted objective statement can be the key to landing the job of your dreams.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Accountant?
The job prospects for accountants are very promising. As the economy grows, businesses need more and more financial advice to keep their books in order. Accountants are in high demand, and their job market is likely to continue to expand in the coming years.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a job growth rate of 6 percent for accountants between 2018 and 2028. This means that there will be more than 54,000 new jobs added to the workforce in the same period. Accountants are also in demand by companies of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations.
In addition to job growth, accountants also enjoy competitive salaries. The average salary for an accountant in the United States is $90,500 per year, according to the BLS. Depending on experience and job location, salaries can reach up to $100,000 or more.
Accountants with certain specialties, such as forensic accounting, also stand to make more money. In addition, many firms offer bonuses and other incentives to attract the best talent.
Overall, the job prospects for accountants are very good. With a competitive salary, job growth and a wide range of opportunities, many aspiring accountants find a successful career in this field.
Key Takeaways for an Accountant resume
When it comes to creating an accountant resume, there are many important factors to consider. An effective resume should clearly demonstrate your qualifications, experience, and achievements in the field of accounting. It should also be tailored to the particular job that you are applying for.
A great starting point for any accountant resume is to begin with a summary statement. This should be a few sentences that showcase your past experience, accomplishments, and relevant qualifications. It should be concise and to the point. Use language that is easy to understand, yet still professional and impressive.
The next point to consider is the experience section. This is where you should list all of your relevant professional experience in accounting, such as working as an auditor, tax accountant, finance manager, or payroll specialist. Be sure to include details of your specific duties and responsibilities in each job.
In addition, you should also include any relevant education and certifications that you possess. For instance, if you have a CPA license or an MBA in accounting, these should be included in your resume. It is also important to highlight awards and honors that you have received in the field of accounting.
Finally, be sure to include any other relevant information that would be beneficial to an employer. Examples include any volunteer work, professional memberships, or any other activities or qualifications that would make you an ideal candidate for the position.
By taking the time to create a well-crafted accountant resume, you can increase your chances of success when applying for jobs in the accounting field. Keep in mind the key takeaways outlined above and make sure to include all of the pertinent information that an employer would need to know.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Illustrator Resume Example
- Business Systems Analyst Resume Sample
- Architect Resume Example
- Application Engineer Resume Sample
- UX Specialist Resume Example
- Supply Chain Professional Resume Sample
- Customer Advisor Resume Sample
- Copywriter Resume Sample
- Special Education Teacher Resume Sample
- International Foreign Affairs Resume Example