Are you a Senior Risk Governance by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Senior Risk Governance Resume Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Senior Risk Governance
Bringing risk culture to life, with over 13 years’ experience in business operations. With a passion for people and strong focus on customer outcomes, I work closely to support but also challenge everyday thinking.
Leading a team through 1st line risk, assurance and compliance, influencing the right outcomes to embed risk culture deeply into the organisation.
- Life Insurance Governance
- 1st Line Risk
- Customer Advocacy
- Assurance Testing
- Operational & Conduct Risk
- Risk Culture development
- Incident Management & Remediation
- People Leadership & Development
- Customer Resolutions including media risk/ scrutiny
- Strong Analytical & Problem Solving skills
- Regulatory change and initiatives
- Presentation & pack preparation
Head of Group Insurance Governance Team
As a member of the Group Insurance Leadership team this role is the central point across Group Insurance.
- Accountable for delivering the strategic governance priorities and further optimisation
- Leading functional operational risk committees
- Presenting and reporting key findings and results to executive team and the board
- Preparing for regulator visits (including presenting)
- Leading and owning the eﬀective management of customer complaints & IDR
- 1st line Risk & Compliance management including breakdowns & remediation
- Assurance testing and reporting
- Developing risk culture and right behaviours
- Leading regulatory change and obligations (including FSC Life Code of Practice)
- Group Insurance leadership of 1st line risk and compliance
Risk, Compliance & Audit Manager
Management of impending audits, including liaising with relevant stakeholders, ensuring process improvements are implemented and executed post audit ﬁndings. Ensure accuracy and manage time frames for audit responses and remedial actions as necessary.
- Report potential risks and provide current information for ongoing risk events and their impacts.
- Facilitate all Group departments to conduct self-assessments in areas of Finance and Risk.
- Meet regularly with Risk as the Group Insurance Risk Champion
Lead cross departmental remediation eﬀorts, working with the relevant department to create a remediation plans as required.
Ensure business units have and maintain the relevant Compliance plans.
Meet regularly with Compliance as the Group Insurance compliance Champion.
Accoutable for mandatory training across Group Insurance is completed within timeframes.
Process Improvement Analyst
Supporting the overall delivery of BAU continuous improvement initiatives using insights from our incident management and audit experience across operations.
- Coordinate support, analyses, deﬁne and deliver improvement initiatives through process engineering, system enhancement, change management engagement and documentation.
- Track and monitor audit and compliance recommendations including remediation’s
- Manage and facilitate the quarterly compliance assurance plans and sign oﬀ.
- Track, record and monitor any breaches or incidents.
- Support and coordinate necessary operations system enhancements & maintenance with IT including Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing on behalf of Operations.
AIA Shared Services oﬃce- local business partner
International secondment to the AIA Shared Services Oﬃce (SSO) in Malaysia as a local embedded business partner to develop and strengthen oﬀ-shored business processes.
As the central contact, my role was to bride the local and SSO team to ensure seamless operations and minimised customer/ client impacts.
- Key objectives included forming an operating rhythm
- Developing escalation points for operations teams
- Investigate offshore related customer complaints
- Optimisation of process improvements
Retail Policy Services Team Leader
Leading a team within the Retail Insurance Policy Services department (administration), to deliver agreed service objectives across customer account administration, advisor set up and commission payments among other activities.
- Delivering high customer service and outcomes.
- Review and lead the implement process improvements within the department that will increase productivity and customer service experience.
- Analyses business processes and rules for improved eﬃciency and customer client centricity.
- Manage escalations and complaints
Service Delivery Team Manager
Leading a service delivery team dedicated to implementing IT solutions to corporate employee groups and business partners.
- Pacnet Partner Management: Working closely with account managers and partner managers to ensure the successful roll out of all service delivery components, including initiation, weekly conference calls and completion nonﬁction’s.
- Supporting and leading components of the monthly partner workshops, addressing issues & compliants and developing further relationships.
- Customer Resolution: Management of service delivery complaints and queries by leading service provisioning to ensure successful outcomes for all stake holders and to maximise business opportunities.
Premium Business Centre Team Leader
Leading large (sometimes up to 20) customer service consultants to deliver optimal customer service, whilst meeting the service objectives of relevant business partners.
- Direct call center leadership developing highly motivated and eﬀective consultants with attention to excellence in quality.
- Performing quality checks, by developing and reviewing performance reports, identify areas to improve and implementing measures to improve performance levels and meet objectives.
- Ensuring strict adherence to company policies and procedural guidelines. Planning and Coordination of group training sessions on new process, products and services.
Risk Leadership for Executives
Executives & senior leadership course to enhance executive understanding of what is needed to develop and sustain a strong risk culture.
Certiﬁcate IV in Compliance and Risk Management
Successful completion of the Certiﬁcate IV in Compliance and Risk Management including submission of assignments and case studies.
This course provides core skills needed to meet the demands of an increasingly complex regulatory environment.
Corporate Solutions Future Leadership Program
RG 146- 910 Generic Knowledge
RG 146- 925 Life Insurance
IV in Frontline Management
IV in Customer Contact
FSC Life Code of Practice Implementation
Banking Royal Commission
Stakeholder Escalation hierarchy & process
CommInsure Acquisition & integration
Career Expert Tips:
Exploring the Role of a Senior Risk Governance Professional
As organizations navigate the complexities of today’s business landscape, the role of a Senior Risk Governance professional has become increasingly vital. This position requires a unique blend of strategic thinking, risk management expertise, and leadership skills to ensure the organization operates in a secure and compliant manner. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the multifaceted responsibilities, job requirements, and key skills that define the role of a Senior Risk Governance professional.
Understanding the Job Requirements for a Senior Risk Governance Role
Embarking on a career as a Senior Risk Governance professional necessitates meeting specific requirements that form the foundation for success in this role. Here’s a detailed look at the prerequisites for aspiring individuals:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, showcasing a strong foundation in risk analysis and management.
- Profound knowledge of risk governance frameworks and methodologies, with a focus on implementing effective risk management strategies.
- Demonstrable experience in risk assessment and mitigation, illustrating a track record of successfully navigating and mitigating various types of organizational risks.
- Leadership and managerial skills honed through experiences in guiding teams through risk-related challenges.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex risk information to stakeholders and facilitate informed decision-making.
- Proficiency in relevant tools and technologies used in risk management and governance processes.
- Ability to stay updated on industry regulations and changes in the risk landscape, ensuring the organization’s risk management practices remain current and effective.
Securing additional certifications in risk management, such as Certified Risk Manager (CRM), can enhance your profile in the competitive job market.
Unveiling the Responsibilities of a Senior Risk Governance Professional
The role of a Senior Risk Governance professional is multifaceted, requiring a deep understanding of risk dynamics and the ability to provide strategic guidance. Let’s explore the core responsibilities that define this crucial role:
- Developing and implementing robust risk governance frameworks tailored to the organization’s specific needs and industry requirements.
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities, ensuring a proactive approach to risk mitigation.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate risk management into various business processes and decision-making activities.
- Leading the development and implementation of risk policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with regulatory standards and best practices.
- Providing guidance and training to staff at all levels, fostering a culture of risk awareness and compliance throughout the organization.
- Regularly reporting to executive leadership on the organization’s risk profile, mitigation strategies, and areas for improvement.
- Staying abreast of emerging risks and trends in the industry, adjusting risk management strategies accordingly.
Each responsibility carries its own set of challenges and learning opportunities, shaping you into a Senior Risk Governance leader.
Crafting a Strong Senior Risk Governance Resume
Your resume is a reflection of your journey, your growth, and your aspirations as a Senior Risk Governance professional. Here are some tips to help you create a compelling resume:
- Highlight your leadership roles, showcasing instances where you’ve successfully guided teams through complex risk scenarios.
- Detail specific initiatives or programs you’ve led, demonstrating their impact on the organization’s risk management practices.
- Include metrics to quantify your achievements, providing a clear picture of your successes in mitigating risks and improving governance.
- List relevant certifications, emphasizing your commitment to continuous learning in the field of risk management.
- Personalize your resume for the specific role, weaving a narrative that aligns with the job description and showcases your unique contributions.
Each tip contributes to a resume that effectively communicates your expertise and value as a Senior Risk Governance professional.
Senior Risk Governance Resume Summary Examples
Your resume summary is the opening act of your career story, setting the stage for what follows. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- “Seasoned Senior Risk Governance professional with over a decade of experience, adept at developing and implementing robust risk management frameworks, driving organizational resilience.”
- “Dedicated Senior Risk Governance leader with a proven track record in leading cross-functional teams through comprehensive risk assessments, ensuring proactive risk mitigation.”
- “Experienced Senior Risk Governance expert with a focus on aligning risk management practices with industry regulations, fostering a culture of compliance and resilience.”
Each summary provides a glimpse into your career journey, strengths, and vision as a Senior Risk Governance professional.
Building a Detailed Experience Section for Your Senior Risk Governance Resume
Your experience section is the heart of your resume, showcasing the rich experiences and milestones you’ve achieved in your career. Here are some examples to guide you:
- “Led a team of risk analysts in conducting a thorough risk assessment, resulting in a 30% reduction in identified vulnerabilities and enhanced organizational resilience.”
- “Pioneered the development of a comprehensive risk governance framework, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory requirements.”
- “Provided strategic guidance to executive leadership on emerging risks, enabling proactive decision-making and mitigation strategies.”
Each experience is a chapter in your career story, narrating tales of challenges met, solutions found, and successes achieved as a Senior Risk Governance professional.
Educational Background for Your Senior Risk Governance Resume
Your educational journey is the foundation upon which your career stands. Here’s how you can list your educational milestones:
- Master of Business Administration in Risk Management, XYZ University, a journey of deep learning and specialization, 2015.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, ABC University, the foundation stone of your financial expertise, 2012.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM), a recognition of your commitment to excellence in risk management, 2018.
Each educational qualification is a stepping stone, leading you to the pinnacle of success in your Senior Risk Governance career.
Key Skills for Your Senior Risk Governance Resume
Your skill set is your toolbox, equipped with a diverse range of tools that you have honed over the years. It is a showcase of your abilities, both innate and acquired. Let’s list down the essential skills that a Senior Risk Governance professional should possess:
- Leadership and team management, the ability to guide teams through complex risk scenarios.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, the art of conveying complex risk information effectively to stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking, the ability to develop and implement effective risk governance frameworks.
- Problem-solving abilities, the knack of finding solutions in challenging risk situations.
- Attention to detail, the meticulous approach to ensuring nothing slips through the cracks in risk assessments.
- Adaptability and resilience, the strength to navigate and adapt to changing risk landscapes.
- Risk assessment and mitigation, a deep understanding of risk dynamics and effective mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of risk governance frameworks and methodologies, ensuring the development of robust risk management practices.
- Regulatory compliance, an understanding of industry regulations and the ability to align risk practices accordingly.
- Data analysis, the skill to analyze risk data and derive actionable insights for decision-making.
- Proficiency in risk management tools and technologies, ensuring efficient risk management processes.
Each skill is a tool, aiding you in providing exceptional risk management leadership and guiding your team effectively.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Senior Risk Governance Resume
As you craft your resume, it is essential to steer clear of common pitfalls that can hinder your journey to landing your dream Senior Risk Governance role. Here we list down the mistakes often seen in resumes and how to avoid them:
- Using a generic approach, a strategy that fails to showcase your unique fit for the Senior Risk Governance role.
- Listing job duties without showcasing your achievements, a narrative that lacks depth.
- Overlooking the importance of a cover letter, a missed opportunity to narrate your story and connect with the potential employer.
- Overloading your resume with technical jargon, a strategy that can obscure your true value as a risk management professional.
- Failing to proofread, a mistake that can leave a dent in your professional image.
Each mistake is a pitfall, avoid them to craft a resume that is both authentic and compelling as a Senior Risk Governance professional.
Key Takeaways for Your Senior Risk Governance Resume
As we reach the end of this comprehensive guide, let’s recap the key points to keep in mind while crafting your Senior Risk Governance resume:
- Emphasize your leadership journey, showcasing the milestones achieved and the teams led through effective risk management.
- Highlight your technical proficiency, showcasing your expertise in risk assessment, mitigation, and governance.
- Detail the strategic initiatives you have spearheaded, painting a picture of your visionary approach to risk management.
- Include a section on continuous learning, showcasing the certifications and courses undertaken to stay abreast of industry changes.
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI Resume Builder, Resume Design, Resume Samples, Resume Examples, Resume Skills, Resume Help, Resume Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the Senior Risk Governance job interview.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Events & Marketing Manager CV Example
- Security & Software Developer CV Example
- HR Specialist CV Sample
- Receptionist CV Sample
- Salesforce Technical Architect CV Sample
- Lead Class Underwriter CV Example
- Supply Chain Management CV Example
- Product Marketer CV Sample
- Registered Behavior Therapist CV Example
- Software Engineer CV Sample