Are you a Software Delivery Manager by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Software Delivery Manager Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Software Delivery Manager Resume Sample
Software Delivery Manager
I am a Software Engineering Professional having 10 years of experience. I have successfully lead complex projects for various financial & telecom domain companies. Being a software professional, I love coding and hands-on coding keeps me motivated.
- Java 1.7/1.8, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Apache Spark, Apache Ignite, Kafka
- Spring, Spring Boot, Micro Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Web Services (Apache CXF, Apache Axis2), SOAP/REST
- Various Toos & Frameworks Like Kettle (ETL), Autosys, Active VOS BPEL
- Kettle, Active BPEL, AutoSys
- Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Informix
Sr Delivery Manager
Micro Stake Technologies
Currently I am working as Vice President with Micro Stake Technologies. I lead a Treasury Risk Platform named ‘Ruby’. I lead team of 10+ employees.
Jade Advantage Services
I worked as Project Lead with Jade Technologies. I was leading multiple projects in their collateral management system named ‘EGTS’.
I worked as a Project Lead with Ace Technologies. I was mainly leading multiple projects in Amdocs Data Integrity Management Suite.
I worked as a Software Developer with IBM. I was mainly working on products related to the Hospitality Industry.
B.E. Computer Engineering
The Texas University
Junior College (12th Grade)
Key Modern High School
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
Software Delivery Manager Resume with Writing Guide
Ready, set, go! It’s time to write your new Software Delivery Manager resume. Don’t know where to start? Let the experts guide you down this path of 21st century engineering. It’s not just about writing a resume anymore; the best resumes are backed up by a proficient cover letter and targeted to specific positions. This guide to writing a Software Delivery Manager resume covers all the essentials and goes beyond. Here are the topics you will find in this ultimate guide to writing resumes and cover letters:
Software Delivery Manager Resume Writing Guide:
- A Structured Resume
- What To Include
- General Resume Templates & Writing Guide
- Content & Experience – Your Life Story (Experience)
- Metrics & Skills (Both Objective and Key Work Experience)
- Professional References
- Additional Resources: Abbreviations, Glossary of Terms, and Recommended Tools
- Helpful Hints for Best Results!
- Final Words of Advice
- Get a Free Resume – Example and Template Download
- Guide to Crafting the Perfect Software Delivery Manager Resume Cover Letter
- Your Research: Write a Dynamite Cover Letter Using This Easy To Understand Step By Step Guide!
- Example Cover Letter: Derrick A. Reynolds
- What is Your Message? How to Not Waste Time With An Ineffective Resume Writing Strategy! (Resume Strategies)
List of Typical Responsibilities For a Software Delivery Manager Resume:
- Realizing the needs of customers through effective project management practices.
- Ensuring that project objectives are met and that customer expectations are met.
- Developing and maintaining a uniform quality product for the organization.
- Planning, organizing, and producing materials, products, or services to meet customer needs.
- Directing the efforts of others and delegating responsibility to others.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communications with management, including customers and suppliers.
- Coordinating the activities of several departments or work groups to achieve results.
- Maintaining records of activities, including financial statements, expense reports, and time cards.
- Providing information that is accurate and timely in order for management to make informed decisions about programs or projects in which the individual is involved.
- Providing quality control and quality assurance for products or services which are being produced.
- Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner.
- Determining how to best allocate resources, and develop personnel to meet organizational needs.
Top 10 Must-have Software Delivery Manager Skills:
- Team Leading: Software Delivery Managers were once responsible for the software development process at a small company. They were expected to oversee all aspects of the development process, from planning to testing, but without necessarily understanding how each aspect worked. The shift toward Agile software development has made it more important for SDMs to possess greater technical expertise and more specialized skills.
- Project Management Skills: As organizations adopt agile practices, things like release planning and project management have moved down the job description of software delivery managers. A recent study found that project managers and SDMs shared about 50% of the same duties, with SDMs focusing more on “people management” and planning.
- Problem Solving: Software delivery managers are in charge of making sure their software is delivered as efficiently as possible. This means they must be able to work through problems in a timely manner without sacrificing quality or scope. In a 2021 study, only 20% of software development managers were found to have solved a problem using programming.
- Deliverables: The role of the SDM includes managing all aspects of the delivery process, from developing test scripts to creating deliverable artifacts like documentation and user stories. This means experience with at least one version control system is a must, as well as experience with software testing.
- Technical Expertise: The responsibilities of a software delivery manager are more technical than most project management roles. To succeed in this role, it is important to have at least two years of experience as a developer or tester, or at least one year of relevant experience.
- Facilitation Skills: It’s not enough for a software delivery manager to possess technical expertise; they must also possess the “people skills” necessary to get the job done – including strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management: In a recent study, only 20% of SDMs scored in the top 40 on the Project Management Institute’s PMI-ACP exam, meaning they had at least 5 years of experience as a project manager.
- Good Knowledge of Agile Methods: Agile methods are a popular way to improve the software delivery life-cycle, but most organizations aren’t using them yet. In order to be effective, an SDM must have experience implementing agile methods, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience in Test Management: One of the most important parts of software development is testing, and one study found that SDMs are responsible for supervising testers in about 75% of all cases. In order to do this effectively, an SDM must know how testing works from both technical and project management perspectives.
- Experience in Release Management: The SDM must know how to manage the physical aspects of software delivery, such as allocating resources and setting up networks. They must also be able to manage the larger picture by planning out release schedules and managing budgets.
Tips to write a Software Delivery Manager Resume Summary:
- If you are unable to describe your skills in the resume profile section, then come up with specific accomplishments that are most similar to the job requirements.
- If you are using notepad to write your Software Delivery Manager Resume Summary, then ensure it is readable when copy-pasted into online application forms.
- Provide a detailed explanation for each of the software delivery manager resume highlights you wish to include in your Software Delivery Manager Resume Summary.
- Do not sound too arrogant when writing resume summary for Software Delivery Manager Resume.
- If you are running out of room and do not want to write your resume summary too much, then always look for ways to reduce the size of your resume summary.
- Always provide a dedicated section for Software Delivery Manager Resume Summary at the very bottom of your resume so that it is easier for employers to scan over it.
- If you wish to keep your resume simple, then ensure you use words which are specific and relevant only to your experience and skills in Software Delivery Manager Resume Summary.
How to write a Software Delivery Manager Resume with No experience:
- Find your strengths: Identify your biggest skills, experiences, and achievements.
- Talk about them: Use the “What” section of your resume to describe your best skills [e.g., “I’m a great sales person”].
- Close the loop: This section is where you finish describing what you’re best at, then close the loop by talking about what you like to do [e.g., “After work, I like to play with my dog. I live with my partner and our dog, Barney.”].
- Use numbers: Sales people should use percentages to describe sales increases. [e.g., “My territory had a 25% increase in sales each month for three months straight.”]
- Make it personal: You want to make your resume as personal as possible. The more personal you make it, the better it will be for you and your career.
- Avoid buzzwords: Don’t ever use buzzwords [e.g. “synergy”, “hyper-achiever”]. If you use these words, you will be not taken seriously.
- Quantify words: Use numbers and percentages to make your resume more professional and effective. For example, instead of saying “I am a great software developer”, say “I’m a great software developer with eight years of experience.”
- Write it like a story: Tell the story of your life in the past tense using short sentences that start with action verbs.
How to write a Software Delivery Manager Cover Letter:
- Write an introduction and body.
First, open your cover letter by congratulating the Person deciding to interview you and thanking them for their consideration. You’d probably want to compliment them on their interview skills by comparing how well they did compared to others and how well they handled themselves in the face of a stressful situation. In our case, we’d have more success going after the company than trying to sell ourselves though so it’s more about building rapport with our subject in general.
Then, explain who you are, the company you work for and the title of the position you’re applying for.
- Explain your experience and knowledge in one paragraph
Next, tell them a little about yourself. It’s also a good time to start mentioning any technical skills or certifications related to writing software (especially great with skills related to Java) that might lead them to think you’re qualified for this job. Then, tell them why you’re interested in working for them and what makes you qualified for the job.
- Bring up your accomplishments in one paragraph
Now, explain some of your greatest accomplishments and how they’re relevant to the position you’re applying for. The first few accomplishments should be the best ones that prove your worth to this company and demonstrate that you can make them money.
- Close with a conclusion
Last, thank them again and end by saying something like “I look forward to hearing back from you.
- Use the STAR method when writing your Software Delivery Manager Resume
- Tie your software delivery manager experience back to skills and achievements
- Use bullet points to make it easy for recruiters and hiring managers to see how you are qualified
- Ask a friend or family member to proofread your resume and offer feedback
- Do your research on the company and position before sending in a resume
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example