Are you an IELTS Instructor by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior IELTS Instructor Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Efficient and focused university student with one year of work experience and proven knowledge of performance evaluation, good communication skills, instructional techniques and organized and adaptive working methods. Aiming to leverage my abilities to contribute to your organization and simultaneously further my experience in the work field.
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Social Media Knowledge
- Testing and Grading
- Conduct well-organized and structured classes
- Operate according to organizational methods as well as personal knowledge to deliver in class
- Have a thorough understanding of the English language
- Be able to communicate my knowledge to the students
- Catch mistakes and correct them swiftly
- Encourage students and give advice on effective learning methods
Bachelor of Business Administration
- Member of Marketing and International Businesses Club
High School Diploma
- Subjects taken for O levels: English Language, Mathematics B, Pure Mathematics, Bengali, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Subjects taken for A levels: General Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- Member of Debate Club, Science Club, Community Service Club, Writer’s Club
Career Expert Tips:
Guide & Tips to Write an IELTS Instructor Resume
A good IELTS instructor resume will show your skills and experience in a way that will get you noticed. Follow this step-by-step guide for help with resumes and cover letters tailored just for you!
This is going to be a walkthrough of how to put together an IELTS instructor resume so that you can showcase your skills and experience in the best possible way. There are some simple steps that we’ll go through, as well as the dos and don’ts of using certain words/phrases.
The key thing that I recommend is that when writing your resume, it’s good to remember who it is you’re writing to. As with any writing, if you’re not clear on this then it’s likely your resume will be ineffective.
I’m going to outline the key parts of an IELTS Instructor Resume and provide some sample content that I think is ideal for a good resume. This isn’t going to be a comprehensive guide, because there are many factors to consider when creating an instructor resume and what works for one person may not work for another.
We’ll also look at some sample IELTS instructor resumes from real people, so we can see how the advice in this article is applied to real-life situations.
So let’s get started!
Step 1 – The Goal of Your IELTS Instructor Resume
Of course, it’s important to start with a goal and that’s why we’re here. Your goal is to get an interview! If you’re at the stage where you’re ready to apply for IELTS instructor jobs, then there’s a good chance you’ve already found some potential employers.
It’s okay if you haven’t as long as this guide helps you find them. What we want is to go through each resume and match it to the job adverts which have been posted. Firstly we’ll cover some of the key advice that all resumes should follow before we look at how different scenarios will require slightly different approaches.
You’ll likely want to include things like the number of years of experience, location, role, and contact details. These are very important since they allow interested employers to make an informed decision based on your experience.
You may find that some of your attention needs to be given over to what you write about and how you present it. You’re also going to need to consider your target audience here too. A person in America will have a very different idea of what “years of experience” means than someone looking for a job in Australia.
Step 2 – The Essentials of Your IELTS Instructor Resume
Content of your resume (the text) – should not be more than 2 pages. Key skills and experience must be highlighted including certificates and licenses, but they should not take away from the meat of your work history. Be sure to research the target country(ies) you’re applying.
- should not be more than 2 pages. Key skills and experience must be highlighted including certificates and licenses, but they should not take away from the meat of your work history. Be sure to research the target country(ies) you’re applying. Format – resume-style format with headings & subheadings is preferred. Content should follow a logical flow, with subheads for each bullet point or task in order to make it easier for the reader to process.
- resume-style format with headings & subheadings is preferred. Content should follow a logical flow, with subheads for each bullet point or task in order to make it easier for the reader to process. Avoid complex sentences – make it as easy as possible for a recruiter or employer to understand what you’re saying.
- make it as easy as possible for a recruiter or employer to understand what you’re saying. Keep it short – don’t waffle on and on about how awesome you are. Keep your resume to just 2 pages long and use the space you have wisely.
- don’t waffle on and on about how awesome you are. Keep your resume to just 2 pages long and use the space you have wisely. Proofread – there’s nothing worse than having spelling mistakes, typos, or grammatical errors on a resume. If it doesn’t come across well then your chances of being hired will be greatly reduced.
- there’s nothing worse than having spelling mistakes, typos, or grammatical errors on a resume.
IELTS Instructor Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct training workshops for students who are beginners in the IELTS exam preparation
- Teach introductory English language courses to university students and adults alike
- Give IELTS lessons to select foreign students who need help with their English
- Develop courses for university students and adult learners. These courses must include English language topics, including basic grammar, vocabulary and conversation skills.
- Write clear and concise IELTS exams for prep courses and in-person tests with students.
- Teach weekly IELTS classes in Hong Kong to students who want to take the Spelling Skill Assessment Test.
- Develop a course to improve the reading comprehension of adult ESL learners that will help them achieve their goals of getting job interviews in Canada’s high English proficient professional sector.
- Teach courses in Australia and Canada on IELTS Academic and General Training.
- Design and conduct the IELTS curriculum for pre-study language training.
- Enroll students in language courses and study classes.
- Develop learning materials for English as a Foreign Language.
- Teach IELTS courses to adults who are not native speakers of English. This includes teaching them proper pronunciation, listening comprehension, reading skills, vocabulary, and grammar.
- Conduct interviews with candidates who want to enroll in our courses that teach them English as a Second Language.
Top 15 Effective IELTS Instructor Skills:
- Clear and concise communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Extensive experience with language learning and teaching
- Expertise with IELTS – a great way to get a job in Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
- Extensive classroom experience and excellent at teaching
- Expert with classes of all sizes including 10+ students, individuals, business people, etc.
- Good understanding of and ability to explain concepts
- Writing skills – excellent grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Good understanding of how students learn
- Good organizational skills – able to manage multiple tasks
- Able and willing to move around the country for a year or more
- Teaching experience with IELTS in schools, universities, government departments etc.
- Good at handling difficult situations that may arise during teacher training courses or in the classroom
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
I hope you find this resume guide & tips helpful.
I understand how stressful it can be when you are applying for jobs or internships.
Like I mentioned earlier, you should use your cover letter and resume to present yourself in the best possible light.
It’s also important to remember this: although your cover letter and resume are important, they aren’t the only thing employers consider when they hire staff members. Your professional skills, work experience, education and even personality all matter.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample